Preps

Hahaha ^^ Yeh im from and live in London and see them often.

Chinos? Isn't Chino a place in the US that's a bit roughy-edge?
Sorry, maybe too much The OC.

serenade said:
Chinos are trousers made of cotton. Here's an example picture:
flannel-lined-chinos.jpg

(dack.com)

serenade said:

I think you are thinking of the California Institute for Men (State Prison) in Chino, California. :innocent:

Yes, you could say it's a bit rough... :ninja:

I am preppy most of the time in day wear i guess i dress like my mom does :unsure: but i would much rather be this than a fashionista

but in saying that the only brands i wear are ralph lauren and lacoste... but i mix it with classic peice from other brands... i think some girls overdo the pearls :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a tennis-skirt the other day at the Lacoste store in Darling Harbour (now closing down).
It was white and about knee-length or the smallest bit shorter, and had a dark green thick line around the hem.
I thought it was great and it reminded me of this thread for some reason :D

I really like the preppy look for winter. Nice jeans, button-up shirts, cable-knit sweaters, flats. I think it looks great, but can be VERY boring if that's all you do. Sure, you can wear your red polo instead of your blue polo, but wearing a polo everyday is boring no matter how much you try to change it up. So, preppy in moderation works for me.

tangerine said:
I think you are thinking of the California Institute for Men (State Prison) in Chino, California. :innocent:

Yes, you could say it's a bit rough... :ninja:

:lol: :lol:

When I think of Prep I think of Charlotte York and Ralph Lauren-- both of which I adore.

So I enjoy wearing prep when possible and when in the mood.

Although on occasion, I have been known to wear a leather jacket, ripped jeans and aviator sunglasses....maybe that's called 'Prep Who's Been in a Bar Fight' ? :wink:

I agree with the "preppiness-look-in-moderation" thing. It would be boring after a few days.

Awesome posts, guys. I guess after going to Europe this summer again, my views changed, and I'm a little more Euro-urban-preppy. Still mostly classic, but really like the whole messenger bag, hoodie, sneakers and jeans look. It's so simple and... European!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->