How do you avoid that uniform look that is in every magazine ?

I actually don't know how to get that uniform look, I guess I'm not paying enough attention to the magazines :wink:

The real reason I like to get fashion magazines is to see what's available. And interviews with designers, etc. ...

I don't think I know either. When I put an outfit together I typically already know what I want to pair a specific item and the more wearable "normal "outfits in some magazines are kind of boring.

I guess I wouldn't even try to get the same "look" as what is "in" in a magazine. I like to blend the old with the new or really, something that I know works for me. I don't often get into the new trends unless it's shoes---now that's another story.

Most of the time I find magazine outfits to be unwearable; a lot of them are either too "crazy" and avant-garde or it's taken straight off the runway with no creative styling. I buy mags mostly for the beautiful photography.

Magazines and the whole fashion industry gives me new ideas, but I definitely will not be a slave to trends. There are hundreds of designers out there and there's usually 4 or 5 collections that really suit my aesthetics. I think no one can be truly "original" because we are all influenced by our environment, but as long as you have your own aesthetic point of view, then you ARE making decisions for yourself.

how do u avoid the uniform look..
it must depend on the magazine...
but i think i know what you mean

it's like the music scene.. ppl wear fedoras, black shirts , tight black pants i think?
and also the leggings with the flats...

er
maybe find your inspiration elsewhere than things marketed to be trendy fashion :P

i prefer history , artist books
portraits in photography
not so defined
more abstract
can be interpreted more personally

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back