All about leather jackets

decent leather jacket

An absolute essential for a wardrobe is a decent leather jacket. Not a cheap one, but a decent one.

I have seen loads of good ones aorund, obviously they are difficult to assess properly over the net because you can't feel the texture of the leather. These are nice ones though (I went to Neiman's about a month ago and almost got one).

The fur is removable..

S4T03XG_ap.jpg

Benetton releases leather jackets every year with a tigh fit ... they're around $300, so they're relatively cheaper and I really like 'em .. you may check it out

So I have this leather bomber style jacket that I wish to distress. The leather is too tough, almost plastic like very cheap leather. So I've been seeing some jackets around that appeared to be washed or whatever. What techniques do some of you know of? Read in another post on using alcohol, also remember something about soaking leather in salt water. The men's shoe post got me thinking about all this again. Thanks.. .. ..

Hi Tism, I'm sorry I don't have any advice but just wanted to add that I would love to know the exact same thing.

Mine is soft leather but...ehm...violet...:ninja:...

I've been thinking of throwing mine in the washing machine and hot dryer...as I also want to shrink mine. Any advice anyone? :flower:

Ask Purechris or Maurizio Altieri for tips - they are both good at distressing leather.

Leather Flight Jacket

Do you think a black leather women's flight jacket would be a versatile and classic piece?

Omg yes yes yes i want 1, obv 1 for men. I can't find a well enough fitting one in thrift shops etc yet i did find one in Urban outfitters but was expensive so i left it. Owww :cry:

Yeah definitely, it's looks nice and fitted...when you said flight jacket I imagined a sheepskin collar and a scarf with wire in it :lol:

Definitely yes. If you can find one that is a perfect fit then I say go for it!

Damn!i should have just boguht it. Why this thread??!!! Brought back the regret :(

do you mean the one that kate has or you're talking generally leather jackets?

I love this one :heart:
e8jrlk7xu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:wub: I've actually been saving that picture of Daria in a magazine because I love it so much. Thanks for posting it.

I've definitely been wanting a leather jacket this year. Here are some more pictures I've gathered.

(style.com & nordstrom.firstview.com)

Those pictures are more of a biker thing. Look for 'cafe jackets'... :wink: Flight ones are bombers and are thick and lined with dead animal wrappers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought one like Kate has, (surprise, surprise!) lol. I've noticed that they are everywhere this season.

I've always though this was kinda more a leather flighter jacket, though I always call it '70s leather jacket.

DSC02558.jpg

Credit: me

with fabric on the sleeves and hem right? that's what i've got. but when i looked it up on ebay, (as "leather flight jacket") i get those coming up too. so now i don't know what to call it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->