All about leather jackets

Where might I be able to find a bomber jacket? I've been looking for ages. Any suggestions on where to look?

I've seen some for £60 in H&M. I bought mine at a store called Krisp in Harrow which I've never bought anything from before (not my kind of store!) but I saw it in the window and had to go in! And ebay seems to have loads - they're mostly vintage!

diesel and killah have some real nice ones

edit: i love kates, ive been wondering who designed it for ages

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm also looking for a black leather jacket in the $400-$1000. where can i find good quality leather jackets?

Oh I love those jackets! I have one in beige which I bought when I was trying to come off black clothing and I love it. They make any outfit look up to date and give it a bit of fun.

FYI guys, they've got one in the gap (LOL) which is brown and made of (gasp!) real leather. Not sure how much it is as I didn't bother looking but knowing where it's from, probalby not more than £100.

tips and advice on leather jackets?

i'm planning on getting a leather jacket.
any tips and such to think about before buying?
and how to care for them?

thank u

:heart:

Vanilla_Lush said:
i'm planning on getting a leather jacket.
any tips and such to think about before buying?
and how to care for them?

thank u

:heart:

i guess this is your first leather jacket? i would buy a more classic and timeless design in a conservative colour. usually, leather jackets are pretty easy to take care of, and they look better as they age. Suede is always harder to keep clean and even harder to clean when it gets dirty so that's soemthing to keep in mind.

to make a jacket last forever what shoul you do about the rain and how to store it..

I own a leatherjacket which i tend to never wear in the rain. Remenber to buy a little too small instead of a little too big. I would stick to grey or black if it's your first. I'm on the haunt for a olivegreen or grey one.

Make sure any products you use on your jacket are for leather garments, not leather shoes. I use "renewal lotion" every once in a while that I gently rub on to the leather with a soft cloth and then polish off with a different cloth, I use it on my leather bag too, and then "defense spray" which is supposed to protect the leather against stains and water damage. I've worn my jacket in the rain accidentally and I can't see any difference from when it was new. I got my leather care products from Danier Leather when I got the jacket and I think they said to use them either once a season or twice a year or something, I can't remember, but I'm reeeeeally lazy and have probably only used them twice since I got it, but the leather seems to be holding up okay, I don't wear it too often.

Like some others have said, it's good to pick a classic style if its your first one and think about when you would usually wear it and with what clothes to determine what length would work best. I would store it on a wide clothes hanger (something I'm guilty of not doing) if possible to keep the shape of the shoulders and if you need a garment bag, material not plastic so it can breathe. Just some handy tips I've picked up. :smile:

Oops...I meant wide as in thick. Unlike those wire hangers or whatever. My wooden ones are only 1/2 inch thick and I think it should be wider than that, more like those suit hangers that are almost 2 inches thick.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would look for lambskin leather over cowhide, as it is generally thinner, softer and less bulky so it looks more chic when layered and worn. i think a big mistake a lot of women make when getting a leather jacket is buyering an oversized looking one and then it's just so 1980's. look for something that is a bit tailored and a good fit :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->