How Often Do You Wear High Heels?

iluvfashion said:
today I wore 5" pumps to the office (last season versaces) because of an important meeting
I think they stole the thunder:D A couple people approached me and asked if I was in pain:P I was ok. since I walked around in them only a few hours

I'm concerned that they asked you were you in pain - were you, did it reflect on your performance? 5" are 'night-life-spectaculars', whatever we may read in Vogue. I do nothing but walk elegantly (for that read 'lurch' in a stylish way) from the taxi to the seat in that sort of height, standing isn't for long unless I'm drunk (sad confession). Even Carrie in SATC was into the normal 4" for work/ daytime being on your feet.

Must say that I'm impressed at your in-yer-facedness, and there isn't actually anything more glamorous than a lady in distress. (blisters hidden of course)

Last edited by a moderator:
I only wear heels at night, when I go out to a bar or club. Otherwise I wear flats. I'm short but I'm still a student and I feel ridiculous teetering around during the day in heels when I'm walking to class. Also, I have a car but rarely use it because I live downtown- so since I walk everywhere its easier to wear ballet flats or flat sandals.

Too right - there are so many beautiful flats out there at the moment, aren't there, to choose from. I need too sometimes!!

Thread question is: how often do you wear heels?
Answer: very often. All the time, in fact, except for casual, beach and picnic-type occasions, for bed and for sports.
Otherwise for me it's "4 (inches) or the floor."

I usually wear 3 3/4" to 4" heels to the office four to five days a week and if I go out in the evenings. I do keep a pair of flats stashed at my desk for going to visit job sites where I might need to do some unstable walking. And I keep a pair in my car just in case I have either car problems or need to stop by the supermarket. I don't know about y'all but I sometimes find terrazzo or polished concrete floors difficult to walk on in some heels.

If I don't wear heels to work, it's 'cause I want to show of my beloved Marc Jacobs mouse flats (which are probably too young for me but they're sooooooo kawaiiiii). At home and running errands, I usually stick to either Havaianas or wedges.

I do think that if you're a student, why bother with heels. It's tough enough trying to get to your classes on time in flats. Plus, I do think heels make you look more mature, something students don't need to worry about. (confession: when I was in a student, I thought only older women wore heels and wearing heels made you look like an old lady. :smile: )Wait 'til you get an office job and sit on your butt all day to start wearing heels regularly.

I used to put inserts into my gym shoes. I went from 5'11 to 6'2 in a heartbeat. No one knew. What a phase.

I wear my heels when I go out or go to a special event....but I only have one pair, black pumps. I'm considering to buy some new pairs because I'm going to university^_^ It would be my first year and I think the pumps would make me much more secure:flower:

question: I:heart:jeans, and I think I'm getting some new one too:blush: Where does the jeans stops, just above the heel or almost on the ground? (Because I always wear my skinny jeans) thanks

I wear stilettos or platform high heels (depending on my attire) everyday for work. But I rather wear flipflops. LOL

silvi said:
question: I:heart:jeans, and I think I'm getting some new one too:blush: Where does the jeans stops, just above the heel or almost on the ground? (Because I always wear my skinny jeans) thanks

I think something about like this looks best

272caf41.jpg

revolvejeans.com

Naw, jeans should stop around the ankle or just below to show off the shoe.

question: I jeans, and I think I'm getting some new one too Where does the jeans stops, just above the heel or almost on the ground? (Because I always wear my skinny jeans) thanks

Sorry to be expensive, but you need to buy your jeans (and every other trouser) according to the heel you intend to wear them with. You’ll probably need more than one pair. And more than one cut of jean.

The hem should just scrape the top of the sole of the shoe if they're flat, or a sort of midway thing if wearing heels.

Stilettogirl84. That piccy above is beautiful. The jeans hem stops where it does because of the cut making them too tight to fit over the shoe rather than the length being perfect. Love that gathered look, hence I think it is perfection in those heels.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks! I love it too

It seems the lower the heel, the wider a leg on the trouser or jeans looks best. for proportions sake

a four inch heel looks great with long skinny jeans
but a kitten heel looks best with wide leg trousers

and I have pants of all sorts of lengths depending on the shoe

I wear kitten (1.5") heels to work 90% of the time and sometimes even on weekends even if going out clubbing because I can't stand the pain anymore, drinking or not. I think it's because I have flat feet. Either that, or I'm getting old. Don't people say the older you get, the shorter the heels? I'm almost 30...

fip said:
I wear kitten (1.5") heels to work 90% of the time and sometimes even on weekends even if going out clubbing because I can't stand the pain anymore, drinking or not. I think it's because I have flat feet. Either that, or I'm getting old. Don't people say the older you get, the shorter the heels? I'm almost 30...

Nah. I'm 33. There is a real equation out there somewhere, but I don't know it. In the mean time

I was twelve when I last wore flat shoes
Then I got 'Manolo B' blues
He was worn by my Granny,
My mum and my Nanny

any one who can come up with a good-un for that last line in the Limerick wins nothing at all - it's just that I've given up.

iluvfashion said:
today I wore 5" pumps to the office (last season versaces) because of an important meeting
I think they stole the thunder:D A couple people approached me and asked if I was in pain:P I was ok. since I walked around in them only a few hours

wow... were they able to accomplish anything in that meeting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->