How To Wear Leather....

lovespell

Reaction score
My sister bought me a black leather mini skirt. Is there any way possible to wear it without looking like a total hooker? I need some possible outfit combinations. It's a pretty skirt, well made, and I don't want it to just sit in my closet. But I need some ideas. A way to wear it during the day, and also at night out to the club without looking totally trashy.

How do YOU add leather to your wardrobe while still looking appropriate? (unless, of course your going for the dominatrix look on purpose, but i think that is a whole other thread topic :innocent: ) Or is it just something to avoid all together?

i always wore that with an oversized sweater and opaque tights with flat boots...either slouchy or riding boots or flat ankle boots with legwarmers...
pointy flats would also work...or i guess you could do cowboy boots if you're into them...

basically just how you would wear a denim mini skirt...don't try too hard...just wear it very casual and you won't have any problems...

for evening...i would sort of punk it up with a 2-3 inch heeled ankle boot and a cropped boxy top or something loosely belted low at the hip...sort of fun-with a sense of humour...again...not trying too hard to be 'i'm so sexy'...more ' aren't i cute?'...boho chic...casual sexy cool....

that's my point of view...

:flower:

For evening I'd take that oversized slouchy sweater softgrey mentioned, put a simple tank top underneath and wear it with a thick heeled, round toe pump (but no bows on the pump, it'll totally take away from the look.)

Crisp white shirt open down to breasts but only reveals slight cleavage, also remember to pop up the collar to give it a Dracula look. Use a colorful brooch to add weight on one side , but not in the middle. Wear a double stranded gray pearl necklace, one long and one short. Put the longer strand over the shoulder instead of hanging down. As for shoes, try a pair of white lace pump by Manolo from couple years ago.

i always suggest pretty knitwear whether it be fitted or oversized. it always softens it.

I Love These Sweaters (Victoria's Secret)
V240484.jpg
V240511.jpg

That's what I love about this board. Everyone has great style! You give them one item and they can come up with a million different ways to wear it! Thanks for all the advice. I'm definitly feeling better about this leather mini skirt now that I know I have options when wearing it.

As softie said, don't try too hard, throw in a nice button down shirt, cute pumps, tights if u want, a cool blazer, blah bla blaah

Then again, I would wear it with a cute oversized ruffled shirt and printed tights, but that's just me :lol:

Originally posted by luna@Oct 5 2004, 12:18 AM
Avoid whips, chains, and handcuffs.
[snapback]385688[/snapback]​
:lol: Ya think?

I wear miniskirts all the time and always try to avoid the wrong image by keeping my top half covered up and wearing sensible shoes - flats, boots, low heels, pumps

I'd wear black tights, knee high boots or flats and a polo neck (nothing low cut) with your leather mini. I don't think leather minis work too well with bare legs for obvious reasons so don those tights!

Originally posted by luna@Oct 5 2004, 12:18 AM
Avoid whips, chains, and handcuffs.
[snapback]385688[/snapback]​

So I'm guessing riding crops are out for this season, as well?

You know, you could punk it up with a deconstructed tee-shirt, fishnets, big black motorcycle boots, a filthy, pin-bedizened denim jacket, and bits of plaid here and there. I do that with my black leather mini from time to time, when I am feeling all 'aaaaardcoooore!

You could always go Xtina style and wear leather chaps... with panties. :lol:

It can be worn without looking like a dominatrix quite easily in my view. I wear it often (I own 5/6 leather pants!) - I think the ideas posted already are good ones.

what about a nice jacket - which will make the leather look classic...

V0431448073803_7b2f9.jpg

or if you care to be a little more daring....(still not dominatrix tho) -

NM-07YL_ap.jpg

- check out the new catalogue at North Beach for some more ideas.....

North Beach Site - decent leather stuff!!

22718.jpg

This is a good evening look and doesn't show off too much of the top half. Although I mentioned in an earlier post to wear tights, this look could work for a night out clubbing. Tights at all other times though (in my opinion).

hmmm, wore a leather skirt & thought of this thread...my outfit might help you out...It was a olive green leather pencil skirt that I work with a matching olive green knit top that is in a paisley pattern with threads of bronze & gold going through it. For accessories i wore a very old vuitton bag thats has all nice oxidized handles (i love that color) with a pair of new vuitton gold leather embossed booties that have a bit of fur at the top...all of this with very classic crystal and pearl drop gold earrings

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->