Hye Rim Park

^ thanks for your help! that is quite strange how they require your social security number to register for these internet things! oh and one more thing, where did you see hye the other day? in LA??

in orange county... buena park. yeahhh...
yeah..social security no. it is strange. i use my cousin's, who has a korean social security no., when i register for korean stuff...

Thanks to uberQuirkiness for sharing, and to MissD for the polas! :wink: :flower:

00610f5fb.jpg

from vogue.uk

She's in the June issue of Vogue Italia. :D I've been wondering when her ed was gonna come out since that was shot way back in January.

Some candids from the set w/Heather and Ilona.

italia4ko.jpg

hye's cyworld.

There was a blog, if you search Hye's name in google, with the majority of the comments being good, but a few....not so great remarks about asian models on it, but overall it was lots of praise for Hye.

Ph. John Paul Pietrus decided to leave a comment...

John-Paul Pietrus said... as a photographer, i am lucky enough to have had the pleasure of working with both Hye Park and Du Juan for Louis Vuitton Asia Pacific and China Vogue, respectively. It was interesting to see the various comments other people have written. I think some people's points are unimportant, such as that of other Asians being much more attractive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, to recite a cliche and a truth. what's great about Hye and Du Juan is that they both are very good MODELS, and very modern. although many people within fashion, including myself, think Gemma or Sasha are incredible, i know that most of my non-fashion friends and people NOT in fashion find them odd looking. it's not a question of how conventionally beautiful the model is, it's about modernity. Hye knows how to turn it on in front of the camera, and can walk in those Balenciaga platform heels as though she's walking barefoot: effortlessly. and contrary to other readers' comments, i DO think that Du Juan is very unique looking, and has a grace in her movements due to her formal ballet training. Furthermore, I found both of these women extremely hard working and really fun to work with. They truly deliver. What is important about these two is that they are opening the door up for other Asians, along with other events such as the opening of CHINA VOGUE and the rise of China in the world market and presence in the world's eye. Additionally, that there are 2 big stars at the same time is very important, as they aren't singular 'token' identitites as Ling and Ai have been. that's why exposing other asian models at this time is very important. there are amazing girls like Song Kyunga at FM London, and Sonny at IMG who are also beautiful, AND very different looking to Hye and Du Juan. just look at all of the different beauties represented on the launch issue cover of China Vogue! of course we recognize an asian when we see one, but it is important to remember that they all have their individual beauty and character which is about the person, not the race. tying into this, It's a broad generalization to say that 'all asians are short.' i think that this is a stereotype that i myself as a half-asian held, until starting to work more with the asian market. i have casted many models for China Vogue, Shanghai Tang, and other asian clients, and many of these stunners are 5'10 and up... i think height is more of a generational characteristic than a racial one.
will there be an 'Asian Movement' in modelling? it seems that would be obvious, but i think that it will still be somewhat of a struggle. it is important to support Hye and Du Juan and other asian models, and to ensure that this is not a flashpan trend, but a growingly permanent presence. I believe that Hye and Du Juan, whether they realize it or not, are potentially important iconic figures who are expanding the market and its perspectives towards a more diverse, tolerant, and beautiful world.
-John-Paul Pietrus, photographer
www.johnpaulpietrus.com
www.fast-management.com
www.aandrphotographic.co.uk

May 1 2006

According to ones2watch, Hye has a campaign

Le Printemps: Hye Park

edit, I looked up what it was, its a Parisian department store selling the designer labels.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
it seems like she's getting less ed. work this season?? but nevertheless still anticipating her printemps ad!

it says on her page that she's in Japan now? is that correct? i wonder what she's doing there!

beatiful commentary by mr. pietrus... and so true... this girls will be a iconic in a not so distant future... much along the lines of ai tominaga :heart:

telicious said:
it seems like she's getting less ed. work this season?? but nevertheless still anticipating her printemps ad!

it says on her page that she's in Japan now? is that correct? i wonder what she's doing there!

I think she is actually getting more, maybe the same amount but for more important publications.

So far, since January she has done edits in Korean Harpers, British Harpers Bazaar, and has shot editorials for American Vogue, Italian Vogue (June)
In dec she had the cover and editorial in italian flair

yourbestfriend said:
I think she is actually getting more, maybe the same amount but for more important publications.

So far, since January she has done edits in Korean Harpers, British Harpers Bazaar, and has shot editorials for American Vogue, Italian Vogue (June)
In dec she had the cover and editorial in italian flair
Yeah, she seems to be getting the bigger eds. She also shot for Italian Vogue again a few weeks back and Paris Vogue a few times. She had the cover of Vogue Korea in March (?) as well and a couple eds for Vogue China this year and for Flair as well.

I guess she was in Japan for the Louis Vuitton show.
71146501.jpg

And this is cute. Hye and Natasha.
hyenat7hj.jpg

getty and cyworld.

Does anyone have a full body picture of her in a photoshoot with minimalistic styling? A plain background would be awesome too!
eg. No big hair, no weird facial expression, no effects. Thanks alot in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->