i-D Summer 2022 : The 'Earthrise' Issue

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cover #1 with Vittoria Ceretti by Mario Sorrenti:

Sorrenti, dear, leave this type of photography to Teller. You're too good for this.

Cover #2 with Celina Ralph by Zoe Ghertner:

“No new clothes!”

So are you going to publish the magazine without the advertising of the new collections? Absolutely dumb.

Love Vittoria’s cover. I like the rawness without it being too Juergen Teller. It’s like 90s Sorrenti.

The second cover is a missed opportunity. It’s not a bad shot, but why have they placed the text over the burnt part? It would’ve looked so much better if the text was placed above it.

Ceretti is perfect for cosmetics ads, that's all

Cover #3 with Mica Arganaraz by Stef Mitchell:

Not a fan of Vittoria's wink, but it's my favorite cover so far. It all feels quite bland and every issue seems to be ''earthsomething''. Maybe it's time to move on...

And when I heard Ceretti by Sorrenti I thought it'd be a must-have. Good save for my finances lmao

I like all three so far (I guess there's more to come...) and think Mica's my favorite but it's kinda tough to choose. Not that they are exceptional covers by any mean but there are nice to look at and leave some extra hope for good editorials.

It appears that there's only the three covers posted above, Vittoria's nipple visible in the uncropped version of the cover.

I actually really like the concept behind the issue, it sounds like an interesting idea to explore the archives and endless possibilities of craft and DIY.

For the first time in our history, there are no new clothes in the fashion section of the magazine. We looked at the ways in which the fashion industry can continue to benefit from the philosophies and DNA of i-D’s early issues: getting back to craft and creativity; the use and re-use of treasured items through D-i-Y, recycling, and upcycling; through vintage and archive clothing; through charity shopping.

This is one of the most boring magazines ever they literally choose from the same crop of 10 models everytime so boring and predictable

I love Vittoria’s cover! it’s raw indeed and we can see her full beauty, freckles and all.
very curious to see the editorial!

Ceretti and Sorrenti gave us that incredible editorial for Vogue Paris April 2017. hopefully it will be as good.

It's always a challenge for them when the closed eye just looks to forced.

Mica’s my fave. The others are… okay. I guess.

What the hell is that?
Farneti, are you there?

wanda.gif

tenor

Those scribbles are giving me war flashbacks. Please, don't. There was absolutely no need for that release. Delete it fast lol

EARTHRISE I
Photography:
Mario Sorrenti
Styling: Alastair McKimm
Hair: Bob Recine
Make-up: Frank B
Models: Vittoria Ceretti, Selena Forrest, Mica Argañaraz & Julia Nobis

i-d.vice.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members