I Don't Know If I Should...

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by MurakamiPrincess, Mar 22, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. MurakamiPrincess

MurakamiPrincess New Member

Ok, so when I was looking in the funny modeling pictures thread, I saw a picture of a model wearing this beautiful dress, and I asked who made it. Someone told me BCBG, so I did an Ebay search. I browsed through 15 pages of BCBG dresses, and I found it. The only problem is that it's a size 4, which is too big for me. The dress retailed for $364, and the lady told me her Buy It Now price was $129. The auction is already at $100 with about 5 days left. Should I go for it even though it's too big? Is the money that I'm saving worth getting it altered to fit me? Please help! I want to decide before it goes over $129 because then her Buy It Now price will go higher! Here is the dress:

2. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

first of all-i don't think bcbg makes anything smaller than a 4 and second...they run very small, so maybe it will be alright...the only area to be concerned with is the bust...you're going to have to be able to fill it out...but i guess you could just wear a padded bra if necessary...the wrap around ties mean that it's somewhat of an adjustable fit...

it's a cute summer dress and a good price...you should get it :flower:

3. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

Does the seller have measurements listed? Maybe you can email her and ask for them if she doesn't. Getting the measurements will give you a better idea of exactly how loose it will be on you and if alterations would be small or major.

4. MurakamiPrincess

Yes, the bust is a 34 and the waist is a 27. The bust is the right size, but my waist is about 3 inches too small! I guess with the little wrap around ties I could adjust it to fit me though!

One more question-I'm pretty short, (5'2") and I was wondering if this dress would look stupid on me? It's a bit long, which would make me look shorter than I am, but it's just so pretty that I don't think I care!

5. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

get it!...it's cute!!...you can shorten it later or wear it with heels... :heart: :flower:

6. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

Really pretty and not that expensive. It also seems like you could alter it. I would get it... :flower:

7. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

GET IT :woot:

its lovely and not too big. dont worry :flower:
    and you are not too short ;)

8. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

It's gorgeous, buy now, worry later :innocent:

9. MurakamiPrincess

:lol: You sound way too much like me! Actually, she contacted me and told me that she has it in a size 2 :woot: So I'm going to find out the measurements, then buy one of them!

10. italianice283

italianice283 New Member

oooo Cute dress i love it....but I am not usually too fond of BCBG, but i like the colors, fabric, print and everything. go for it!

11. makeme_over

makeme_over New Member

that dress is sooooooooo awesome. go for it and have it altered.

12. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

Speaking as somebody who does this stuff for a living, I say go ahead and get it. Taking a dress down one size is easy-peasey. If you know a dressmaker in your area, he or she can give you the hookup, and the price, plus the auction price from e-bay will be only a fraction of the cost of that dress new.

13. Luna

Luna offline.

Love it. Buy it.

14. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I must add to the BUY IT sentiment. Lovely dress, GREAT price, and alterations won't be that much, believe me. Let us know how it goes!!!

15. dramatique

dramatique New Member

Oh my, I saw this dress too and loved it. Wanted to buy it but I am seriously out of cash at the moment :innocent: . I say get it. I am sure it would look fantastic on you. Bear in mind that BCBG tends to run smaller. I usually wear a size 2 but I am a size 4 for BCBG. I'll probably equate their sizes to FCUK's.

16. MurakamiPrincess

But don't the measurements speak for how it would fit? My waist is a 25, so I think I should go for the size 2 because that's a 25-26 waist. I think it's suppose to be a fitted dress anyway. The lady is holding a size 2 for me so yay! :clap: At least now I can wait until some cash from some of my auctions come in so I don't have to feel bad for spending about a third of what I have right now!!! :p

17. MurakamiPrincess

I just hit Buy It Now for the size 2 and it felt so gooooooood!!! :woot: I'm so excited! I hope it looks right on me, but if not, I can always sell it on Ebay. ;)

18. dramatique

dramatique New Member

:lol: If you do happen to sell it, sell it in my direction! Do show us a picture of it when it comes!