Ideas for a wall mural in my apartment

^ Chalkboard paint is a fantastic idea ... you can also make your own in any color, I remember reading the instructions in Martha Stewart Living :ninja:

It can be tough to find chalk though ... where did you get yours?

i like this idea of turning it into a collective 'to do' wall.. you and your roommates could have your own sections..:lol:

another idea i've always been determined to do came from a movie i saw years ago with sarah jessica parker.. i can't remember the name but she had a little apartment with a big wall when you first walk in.. and every month she'd paint a calendar on it with a different theme, and cross the days off as they went.. then at the end of the month she'd get a big roller, paint over it and start again.. it seemed so cathartic.. :heart:

blackboard6113804221.jpg

kitchenblackboard667381.jpg

marieclairemaison383952.jpg

322halfbath3853782.jpg

style files

adore have you seen 500 days of summer? completely reminds me of that scene where he's sketching a whole skyline :heart:

actually ta ta i ended up using white paint on the wall.. i had asked my painters originally to mix up a chalkboard paint but they forgot, and it was sunday night and i was on a deadline.. so we ended up going with the regular paint, and i loved the colour so i just ended up leaving it and painting with white on top. if i find that i want to change it i'll either re-paint the wall (they kindly offered to do it for free..:P) or i'll get the chalkboard paint mixed up and layer that over.

hey chanel ! :woot: no i don't think i've seen it but it sounds like it'd make a pretty beautiful scene.. will have to write that down as one to see..

Last edited by a moderator:
these are great, adorefaith.. is chalkboard paint a special kind of paint? more so than just buying regular black...

^ You mix stuff in to regular paint ... like sand?? I forget the details, but you can make it out of any paint. That sounds like what adorefaith's painters were planning to do??

Couple of things I always consider while looking through different ideas:
Do I want/like to see that every day for a long time?
How busy with different elements I want it to be? - sometimes less is more
How does the mural fit with overall design/feel of the room and house/apartment?
Color-color-color..

You might want to check mural forums for ideas.
one of them http://www.muralsplus.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->