if you can only choose one make up brand...

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by cat, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Gleam

Gleam Member

Shu Uemura

2. shopsmuch

shopsmuch New Member

i would have to say benefit...it's the only brand i've ever found that matches my heinz 57 multi-multi-ethnic skin tone. :blink:

3. BalenciagaLove

BalenciagaLove New Member

I must be strange for saying this because so far I haven't seen anyone mention it (or I missed it), but without a doubt, SMASHBOX. I was a bit skeptical, but I bought their Real to Reel kit and I was amazed at how different the looks were and how great I looked (compared to how I do normally)

After that, I'd agree with others mentioning Bare Escentuals, it's light and easy to work with and looks naturally... I find that with B.E., I kind of look the same regardless of what colors I put on. Maybe it's my technique.

After that, I'd have to say that I'm a Chanel makeup whore... am I allowed to say that?

4. fashionistangeL

fashionistangeL New Member

MAC for variety and colors!!!

but i LOVE chanel.... everything chanel, blush, eyeshadows.. nailpolish :heart:, etc etc etc,, :heart: :heart:

but now im curious about shu uemura.... i had only heard about the fake eyelashes.. :blink: i know,,, sow now i want to try it all.. where can i find it? i guess departmental stores but which ones specifically"???:huh:

5. oona

oona New Member

I'd have to say Chanel. Although quite over-priced, i've found their products (mainly concealers and powders) to be of high quality & just so soft and smooth over my skin.

6. fashionistangeL

fashionistangeL New Member

i know!!!! i always say..."cheap turns out expensive" ok that doesnt sound good in english..... :doh: well you know what i mean.. i hope! like when you buy a very cheap "whatever" and you end up throwing it.. and the if you buy something expensive but is amazing you enjoy and USE it and it LASTS, it was worth every penny you spent in it! :P :D

:heart: CHANEL:heart: i have this bronzing powder case.. i love it.. and ive dropped it once or twice.... :shock: but neither the bronzing powder or the big mirror broke!!! i was amazed, any other one would have been ruined! :innocent:

7. sofialuv

sofialuv |/mirror queen\|

Although i have never bought anything by Shu Uemura, i would either get only Shu or MAC.
    Shu and Kevyn Aucoin makeup because both were created by make up artists (who know better, so for sure good stuff) and MAC because it has everything and it´s good quality.

8. cardboardboxed

cardboardboxed New Member

If I had all the money I needed, I'd choose mac, but I'm too broke for them. So I'd probably choose ben nye. They have ltos of bright colors and the foundation stuff isn't too bad. As long as you stay away from the greasy stuff.

9. Trista

Trista New Member

For me, either Ben Nye or Avon.

10. Princess Coco

Princess Coco New Member

Chanel - I :heart: :heart: :heart: everything!!!!

I also coultn't livew without YSL's Touche Eclat, but I have never really used anything else in the range. I love anything by Pout, and some MAC products.

11. lohlah

lohlah New Member

Oh man...this is too difficult!! I love all sorts of brands! But....I would have to go with NARS (for eyes and cheeks).

12. laughingdisorder

laughingdisorder New Member

Mac definitely. I use all types of brands but I like most things by Mac. Tried a few things by Nars and that's really good too.

13. Lara_L

Lara_L New Member

id have to say modelco. it surprised me, but i found im using quite a few of their products (blush, luminiser, primer & these are my key products). its an australian brand famous for fake tan

14. sapphireskies

sapphireskies New Member

I'd go with Bobbi Brown. I haven't really tried Laura Mercier, so, IU don't know too much about that bardn, but it looks to be pretty good quality. And, like someone posted above about lines that were created by makeup traits, you have to figure that the quality has to be pretty good.

#114 sapphireskies, Feb 5, 2006
    Last edited by moderator LV4Me: Feb 5, 2006
  15. LucindaMay

LucindaMay New Member

CHANEL! :heart:

then Nars.

A dermatologist told me to avoid Mac because they use ingredients that can make you brake out...

16. Ariadne38

Ariadne38 Member

Scarlett Cosmetics--because it is different and innovative. The Glamo-Glitz eyeshadows are amazing.

www.scarlettcos.com

17. ilovepositano

ilovepositano New Member

first choice shu uemura
    alternate is mac

18. Callidora

Callidora New Member

Lancome. best mascaras ever.

19. *Sunrise_Serena*

*Sunrise_Serena* New Member

I think MAC has amazing stuff, so I'd probably choose that! Yeah Chanel has very good stuff too, I :heart: the foundation, but MAC is more my style...though I don't buy products from both brands too often cause i don't spend so much money on make-up stuff^_^ ...

20. Adrina

Adrina New Member

Make up is about creativity. Once you look good with a foundation, stick to that one and you just add some eyeshadows, liners, mascara, lipsticks, etc. Me, I always fall in love with Giorgio Armani foundation. Estee Lauder doublewear also good for "sometime blemish skin". And eye make up: Chanel, Guerlain. Stila blush I love it... it's "long tenue" even if you use light colour. Eyeliner do best for me is Make up Forever for liquid and Chanel for pencil.