I'm A Believer!

I am a believer of some products make a diff and some don't.

I've tried every single type of crap out there and nothing worked until I took antibiotics and topical antibiotics for my horrible acne...now I don't have breakouts...mind you I dont recommend this, its drastic measures...

My skin isn't clear yet though....still has uneven tone and has a lot of lil marks from deep acne :cry: Slowly its going away with exfoliating and taking care of it...

thank Ale, I might try the idealist because I hate the uneven skintone :doh: and I couldn't find/figure out what to use for it. :flower:

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite@Apr 26th, 2004 - 2:00 am

I've tried every single type of crap out there and nothing worked until I took antibiotics and topical antibiotics for my horrible acne...now I don't have breakouts...mind you I dont recommend this, its drastic measures...

My skin isn't clear yet though....still has uneven tone and has a lot of lil marks from deep acne :cry: Slowly its going away with exfoliating and taking care of it...

thank Ale, I might try the idealist because I hate the uneven skintone :doh: and I couldn't find/figure out what to use for it. :flower:
Have you considered taking Accutane?

Antibiotics would work only when you're taking it...once you stop your skin will revert to its previous state. Accutane is different in that its effects are actually permanent.

I had horrible acne as a teen....tried everything and nothing worked, and took Accutane as a last measure. My skin has been clear ever since, and a lot less oily than before.

6 months of dry skin and chapped lips is nothing when the trade-off is a lifetime of acne-free skin. I strong urge you to look into it. :flower:

I'm not really a believer of any particular product, but I haven't tried that many products yet. Most products are way to expensive for me to try just to have it not work and go in the garbage. Though the aveeno lotion that asyoulikeit mentioned sounds promising.

There are some products that I like more than others that I will continue buying but there hasn't been any miracle products that have made significant changes to my skin.

Clean and clear cream cleanser really helped me out when I had bad acne, though I don't use it much anymore since my skin has changed. I also really like Clinique's 7 day scrub and will probably buy it once my sample runs out. Has anyone tried any other products that they'd like to share? I'm alway open to more suggestions of things to try...

I've recently started using the Oil of Olay lotion that my mom gave me ('Complete' unscented), and I love it. It's a moisturizer with SPF 15 and it makes my face feel silky and smooth, but also clean and fresh with no residue (which is important because I can't use anything that might make me break out). My mom has used it every day since she was about thirty (!) and she has beautiful skin.

My mom is a sunscreen freak, which is definitely a good thing for her skin (and mine). I'm so glad that she slathered me with sunscreen when i was little! I also never sunbathe when my friends do thanks to her advice.

I also use some sort of Clinique exfoliating scrub that leaves my skin feeling tight and clean--in a good way. I've used multiple exfoliating scrubs, but this one is wonderful.

Anyone interested in natural face treatments? I've tried a scrub of honey mixed with oats (non-instant oatmeal) that's very nice. Cucumber is also a wonderful astringent.

Also, how do you feel about scents? I always use unscented because I have sensitive skin and scented ones sometimes cause reactions.

I swear by Obagi products, to treat, and exfoliate my skin-especially when I'm breaking out

then I go back to Cetaphil, or some simple cleanser, toner, and exfoliator...

Originally posted by Orochian+Apr 26th, 2004 - 12:05 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orochian @ Apr 26th, 2004 - 12:05 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sephora_Socialite@Apr 26th, 2004 - 2:00 am

Antibiotics would work only when you're taking it...once you stop your skin will revert to its previous state. Accutane is different in that its effects are actually permanent.

I had horrible acne as a teen....tried everything and nothing worked, and took Accutane as a last measure. My skin has been clear ever since, and a lot less oily than before.

6 months of dry skin and chapped lips is nothing when the trade-off is a lifetime of acne-free skin. I strong urge you to look into it. :flower: [/b][/quote]
I tried that and I didn't like it too much...

The antibiotics worked though...I have pretty clear skin after taking the pills...I just wash my face and put some antibiotic face gel maybe once in a while....

My face just keeps getting bette :flower: r

i'm gonna start 'the acne cure' regimen this summer. i'm getting the book, i have heard so many success stories..
my hormonal acne has taken over a lot of things in my life...i have to wear foundation and i hate wearing make up..but i can't go outside with my horrible horrible red face.

anyway...some products do work. the most amazing BP products is DDF 5% BP with tea tree oil. its a gel, it goes on nicely, isn't too drying and fights acne well!

so yeah...i basically go to www.makeupalley.com and read reviews of products before purchasing.

idealist is nice..but not for my problematic skin..it tends to clog my pores. it does make my skin silky smooth and de flakes it very well.

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite+Apr 29th, 2004 - 5:21 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sephora_Socialite @ Apr 29th, 2004 - 5:21 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Orochian@Apr 26th, 2004 - 12:05 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Sephora_Socialite
@Apr 26th, 2004 - 2:00 am

thank Ale, I might try the idealist because I hate the uneven skintone :doh:  and I couldn't find/figure out what to use for it. :flower:

6 months of dry skin and chapped lips is nothing when the trade-off is a lifetime of acne-free skin. I strong urge you to look into it. :flower:

The antibiotics worked though...I have pretty clear skin after taking the pills...I just wash my face and put some antibiotic face gel maybe once in a while....

My face just keeps getting bette :flower: r [/b][/quote]
yeah, same thing happened to me actually. after a month of the antibiotics it has stayed clear really well. how long were you on them?

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite+Apr 29th, 2004 - 5:21 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sephora_Socialite @ Apr 29th, 2004 - 5:21 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Orochian@Apr 26th, 2004 - 12:05 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Sephora_Socialite
@Apr 26th, 2004 - 2:00 am

thank Ale, I might try the idealist because I hate the uneven skintone :doh:  and I couldn't find/figure out what to use for it. :flower:

My face just keeps getting bette :flower: r [/b][/quote]
Accutane has to be taken over a 6-month period in order for the results to show, and in fact within the first month or two your acne might appear worse than before. Most doctors would insist patients finish the whole trial before calling it quits though.

As I said, Antibiotics have absolutely no long term effects, so if your skin is improving on a steady basis, it must be something else that's contributing to the progress.

Oh well, as long as there's improvement, it's a good thing I guess. :flower:

Luckily, Proactiv :heart: has worked perfectly for me, because I remember when I used Accutane, I got into this serious depression, that made me think if it was really worth fix my complexion, if I had to live for several months hating myself or hating everything I normally enjoy... but I also have noticed that not everyone gets depressed or whatever while using Accutane :unsure:

Originally posted by faust@Apr 8th, 2004 - 1:20 pm
I can personally vouch for Kiehl's products.
yeah, me too

stuff i've used that work great --

Creme with Silk Groom -- if you have thick or coarse hair, its awesome. only people i wouldnt reccomend to are peeps with fine or limp hair. this stuff is great, makes it really really soft and manageable and no residue at all. it doens't even feel like there's stuff in your hair.

White Eagle Shave Cream -- this stuff is absolutely the best and it lasts a long time. i feel like i get a closer shave than with regular shave creams and i only use maybe the size of a pea for my entire face.

Cream de Corps -- very rich body lotion. once again a little goes a long way. takes a little longer to absorb but it keeps you moisturized for a long time.

----
non kiehl's stuff --

Cetaphil Face Cleanser -- cheap stuff, doesn't make me oilier than i am, but doesn't dry me out either.

Tazorac -- for those of you with acne, i reccomend this. i started using it about 2 years ago after the doc prescribed it. i used to have lots of acne scars and used to break out alot, but after using this for the first 6 months i was clear, then it started fading all my scars faster. now i get compliments on my skin, its flawless now. its what all the other retin a stuff does -- slough off dead skin and exfoliate your face faster so your less likely to breakout. and as always its always crappier for the first few weeks, but i can't vouch for this stuff enough. you read it , my skin is flawless now.

Recently, I have started to use Avon products and I am absolutely loving it. They tend to be midprice range. I am using Clearly C Serum that has done wonders for my skin. My skin is so much brighter and smooth looking then ever. It is "oily". That scared me at first b/c I have oily skin. But I have not breaken once ever since I have been using it with the combination of Proactiv wash, Avon Anew All in one lotion, and Avon Anew Clinical 2 step facial peel. I am going to add Avon Anew Luminosity Ultra to my daily regimen. Also, most of these products have an SPF of 15 or higher. I just started using Oil of Olay total effects beautiful skin and wellness daily packets which contain multivitamins, CoQ10, loads of vitamin e, alpha lipoic with green tea. can't wait to see the results of that. Avon made a believer out of me :flower:

Oh, another thing I am going to add also is a vitamin called AquaNew by Avon.. I once read an article by Dr. Murad. He recommended his line of product that is meant to basically have your cells plump up with the water that you consume. Here is the article if anyone is interested in it....There is a lot of great info...

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/65/728...C-9531713CA348}

I had great skin, give or take the odd "monthly" spot up until the beginning of this year, then a patch of problem skin appeared on my cheek (uneven, bumpy, blotchy skin) and wont go away, just gets better or worse depending on weather/hormones/what I eat.
I use Dermalogica which just about keeps it in check...any other product just stung like hell and left it itchy too. :cry:

Dove silk soap and Nivea Natural Booster. I believe! And i believe in Vichy Liposyne anti cellulite too. My hip is nicer and nicer. :smile:

some things i do live by, like i swear by caudelie's moisturizer it does my skin so beautiful. i also live by water :P and natura's products are simply the best to me for the overall skin and body.

I m a product believer ,maybe more than its enough .I love idealist ,it worked well on my skin ,my skin is now glowing and it retecturized my face skin surface,thx for recomandations about Estee lauder`s Idealist ,and micro D Ale :flower: ,i just have to avoid using it in big quantites thinking that i`ll work better :wacko:otherwise i and with red blotches aroud my mouth and neck :ninja:
i am also using the cheap Garnier`s Retin a and it worked well on my blemish problem prone skin ,not oily well absorbed leaving smoth film on my skin and taking care of all inperfectioms ,(not drying)and gentle for my skin.
lately i also use Nivea visage with coenzyme Q10 at night it leaves my skin well balanced (noy oily)in the next morning...but i love truying new products like chanell serums ,and i heard good think about Oil of Olay`s totall effects which i am also verry courious to know more.

I heard using too many products is bad for skin. Mom always told me not to use many things. Nowadays i get her attention to take care about my skin to be faster than the first small wrinkles. Is there a middle, "gold way" to walk?

Sure like my a**!!!!!! :flower:
More expensive one really feels different on your skin!!!

Originally posted by Asdiklon@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:07 pm
Sure like my a**!!!!!! :flower:
More expensive one really feels different on your skin!!!
I'm saving for shiseido cream. I have 7000- already, i need plus 1000- and I'll buy my first luxury cream. Ohh... :blush: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->