I'm A Believer!

Originally posted by Alejandro@May 7th, 2004 - 11:50 am
Luckily, Proactiv :heart: has worked perfectly for me, because I remember when I used Accutane, I got into this serious depression, that made me think if it was really worth fix my complexion, if I had to live for several months hating myself or hating everything I normally enjoy... but I also have noticed that not everyone gets depressed or whatever while using Accutane :unsure:
If you are on anti-depressants can you take accutane??

I have found that these items have given fine results

Erno Laszlo- Black soap. Which is essentially a sea mud soap

Darphin- Eye Vitaserum

Sisley Paris- Botanical complex

Clinique- Emergency Deep Cleansing Mask

Erno Laszlo- Timeless skin for the neck

For acne it seems Neutrogena's benzoyl peroxide works fairly well. I'm also thinking of trying la Prairie's Cellular mask.

I'm fairly young at 17 but seemingly using such products would help in the future. Especially since being male means having problematic skin.

I'm definately a believer but I just wish products I like wern't so expensive. (I was using Shiseido when I was 16, Chanel when I was 17 and 18 and now it's getting even worse)

Right now I'm using cleanser, toner and mask from Sisley. and I will be purchasing their Emulsion Ecologique once I finish my 2 jars of opened moisturizer (chanel and EL).. but I went to the counter today and walked away with a bag chock full of sample goodies including deluxe sizes of-
sisley buffing face cream
sisley emulsion ecologique
sisley rouge a levres
sisley night complex
sisley confort extreme day
sisley confort extreme night
sisley express flower gel

I should be paying off my uni fees and not spending it all on skincare :ninja:

lately, i'm really interested at Shu Uemura Depsea Therapy Moisture Recovery Cream
has anyone tried it? Is it THAT good?
skincare_face_therapy.jpg

http://www.shuuemura.com/Products/ProductC...bCategoryID=408

it looks so tempting!!! :wacko:

Currently Switching between: :blush:

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
Chanel Gommage Express
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Chanel Masque Purete Express
Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream
Clinique All About Eyes

I totally think that different products can make all the difference in the world.

I think a more simple routine works best for me--Cetaphil, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E. Cream...

Originally posted by BritBagLady@May 22 2004, 11:55 AM
I had great skin, give or take the odd "monthly" spot up until the beginning of this year, then a patch of problem skin appeared on my cheek (uneven, bumpy, blotchy skin) and wont go away, just gets better or worse depending on weather/hormones/what I eat.
I use Dermalogica which just about keeps it in check...any other product just stung like hell and left it itchy too. :cry:
[snapback]262586[/snapback]​

Oh I know exactly how you feel, i get that on my forehead, and now i'm starting to get it on my cheeks too which is just heartbreaking. I know it could be worse but for me its terrible! I'll let you know if I find anything that fixes it. :cry:

Originally posted by Orochian+Apr 9 2004, 04:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orochian @ Apr 9 2004, 04:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>... here are my 2 cents:

Any product containing Retinol, such as Retin-A and Tazorac, is good at speeding up skin renewal and resurfacing at a shallow level of the epidermis. It's great if you don't have too much hyperpigmentation problems or scars and simply want to even-out your skin tone, as well as adding a healthy glow to it. Obagi is a dermatolgist-developed line of specific products for problem skin, one of which is called Blender, a lotion to be mixed with Retin-A to increase its effectiveness by boosting its penetration into the skin and bleaching. I find from my personal experience that Retin-A works best this way.

Downside: Retinol by nature enlarges the small blood vessels underneath your skin as it's speeding up its renewal - that's what's causing the healthy glow. You can easily go overboard with it and end up with an awkward redness that's semi-permanent. My advice is to use it as a peel treatment instead of a daily regimen. Following each application your skin will take 1-2 weeks to shed off its upper layers. You can start with another application once the peeling subsides, if needed.
[snapback]212816[/snapback]​
[/b]

:flower: Wow Orochian, you really seem to know this stuff well, are you a doctor or beautician ? Thanks for the tip about retinol enlarging small blood vessels.. I think I'll stay clear of retinol from now on..during winter I get couperosis (small broken blood vessels) on my cheeks if I'm not taking proper care of my skin.

<!--QuoteBegin-Lena
@Apr 9 2004, 05:15 PM
my mum uses idealist, problem is idealist got discontinued from the european market and just replaced by 'perfectionist'
[snapback]212950[/snapback]​
[/quote]
:shock: Discontinued ??? I haven't noticed..then again.. I usually buy Idealist in the airport because its cheaper there.

I just bought Guerlain Issima "Super Aquasérum" ..does anybody use it and what do you think of it?

I was wondering..with regard to the poll...if its the same stuff.. diff packing..I know that Lancôme and O'real is developed in the same lab..so wouldn't that mean that it's basically the same products??

I don't know some things work and others don't.. I've tried the basic skin care lines biore, skin milk, etc.. but I've found that for me the dove bar soap in pink and witch hazel work wonders! I'm also using Nature's Cure.. So that combo and taking good vitamins (zinc is great for your skin) has helped my skin sooo much and it's really clearing up!

My grandmother, mother and I all use Laszlo and we all swear by it. I started using it when I was 15 and then got bored and tried lots of other lines. While some of these (Chanel, Orlane, Sisley, NaturaBisse, etc.) lines are outstanding they never did for my skin what Laszlo has done. Check out www.ernolaszlo.com and have fun! I highly reccommend this line to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->