Imitation Of Christ S/S 2004 - New York

What exactly is IMOC's point here? :wacko: Well, like Jeremy Scott, they aren't suppose to be taken seriously, as they said it themsleves!

I never really liked the idea of making vintage new, which is their design routine, why not make their own clothes?

Also, haven't Tara (Subkoff) and Matthew (Damhave) split up? :unsure:

Thanks, Astrid! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Oops, one more.. :arrow:

Last edited by a moderator:
In that one pic, is that Gwen Stefani? Also why is IMOC showing in New York? have they always? I thought they did L.A. fashion week? both? anyway I agree about the reworkin of vintage. They arent making vintage new again. I see nothing fresh or exciting in what they're doing and with the exception of last season's LA show it all sort of feels the same to me. :unsure:

ehmm... well, I actually like several of the pieces... individually. but there seems to be no direction in this collection...nothing to connect it to or relate it to. the different pieces don't seem to have anything in common with each other.

thanks astrid. :flower:

ok so I see some cute pieces, otherwise again.. BLAH!

Astrid.. thank you!

I love that t-shirt, ruffled panties look :blush:

Seems to be a tad more conservative than previous collections, no? Anyway, I kinda like some of the dresses, but they are pretty bland, I think :ninja:

I guess im the only person who lieks it here :blush:

Definetly my one of my favorites so far! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I lvoe it i love odl hollywood, i love odl dresses, its very magical :heart:

well, I dont know what to really say about this collection. It looks a bit thrift. I likke the ruffle panties.

I like the white dress, top row-second pic. The rest is too vintage looking.

why why why why???

:blink:

tara's so brilliant .

i love her inspiring cocktail waitress dresses! and the ballerina dresses! they are so innovative and fresh! :shifty:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I like it because the models have so much more personality than many others in other shows.

The only thing I like about IMOC is the name. I don't find the clothes innovative, cute or fun.

An irrelevant reason is that I can't stand Chloë Sevigny and I can't think of one without thinking of the other.

Originally posted by Atelier@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 9:28 am
The only thing I like about IMOC is the name. I don't find the clothes innovative, cute or fun.

An irrelevant reason is that I can't stand Chloë Sevigny and I can't think of one without thinking of the other.
It's soooooo PRETENTIOUS!

They rework thrift shop and vintage finds and stamp a thousand dollar or more price tag to it. That's not what I call innovative or fun....its arrogant.

i have to say i do like some of the stuff, old school glamour that still has a bit of a twist but i have found much nicer vintage dresses for £40 or less and so i wouldnt bother personally

yes, they are pretentious and arrogant (like so many others) but i think they are getting better each season, i liked the ss04 collection best of all :wink:

Originally posted by Scott@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:50 am

They rework thrift shop and vintage finds and stamp a thousand dollar or more price tag to it. That's not what I call innovative or fun....its arrogant.
people liek margiela and otehr smalld esigners do that to

i doutn find it arrogant , the IOC desigenr has vouiced her conserns about massive production of cloth

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->