Imitation of Christ Haute Couture FW2005 ?

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
this is just in from Yahoo!, apparently Tara Subkoff is doing Couture now as well? or did i miss something?

capt.par13007081650.france_fashion_par130.jpg
capt.par13107081649.france_fashion_par131.jpg

A model sports a creation by American fashion designer Tara Subkoff for Imitation of Christ during the presentation of her Fall/Winter 2005/06 Haute Couture collection in Paris, Friday, July 8, 2005. (AP Photo/Francois Mori)

Wow, I didn't know Tara was showing HC either liberty....

I like the floatiness and layering of it all. But it's not anything amazing....

It looks rather Spring/Summer. Doesn't really knock my socks off.

The federation invited her to do a couture presentation!

so far it looks better than what she did for rtw...

You've got to be joking?! :lol: God,she is utterly the most pretentious twit on the planet.

liberty33r1b said:
this doesn't look like couture to me, at all.......

thats true, apart from this the dresses look not too bad :ninja:

To be honest,these are things we've seen over and over again already. What makes it so different and why does she feel she has to put her two cents in-per se-when it's really nothing new or exciting? The woman can't even design beautiful clothes from scratch let alone trying HC. I think Tara should have stuck to re-working because that's where her talent really was at. Or was it Matt's? I dunno. It just seems strange and quite arrogant that she would try her hand at this.

I think she is a pretentious twit. But i would wear every single dress that has been posted so far... Doesn't she just tweak vintage gear? How is that haute couture?

Scott said:
I think Tara should have stuck to re-working because that's where her talent really was at. Or was it Matt's? I dunno. It just seems strange and quite arrogant that she would try her hand at this.

I couldn't agree with you more..........

IOC and HC don't quite match do they?

i've had a feeling during her last few shows (since matt left) that she feels out of her element, like she knows she's pulling the wool over every one's eyes.

Well guys...

I'm playing devil's advocate to an extent here but don't forget the sickly state of HC, it's not as big for the upper class to buy clothes to impress each other so if they're going to keep it they have to change it along with the way society is changing. Couture is run by its own group anyway, and I assume they make money off it, just like any business. So maybe introducing a trendy/younger house is an attempt to make couture more accessible so that people will actually pay attention to it again. Of course that's contradictory for the idea of couture, but it's not like couture is going to go anywhere unless they make some changes.

kimair said:
so far it looks better than what she did for rtw...

agreed.. regardless she's a tweet or not (i dont know anything about her really) she can make some few cool vintage dress copies..

sure it is not couture, could it be her ss06 collection?
could the title make it any more ...acceptable?
because couture or not this is acceptable by my standards..

stereotypes are a bit:ermm: ...you know :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->