Industrial Design

^I LOVE Poggen Pohl! Maybe not so much any more, but it's still excellent stuff! So sleek!

I wish it was made of out wastepaper, personally. :innocent: "A wastebasket with an identity all its own; Bin Bin looks exactly like the contents it is designed to contain, crushed paper. The product is made of hard polyethylene."

http://www.essey.com/binbin.html

binbin_9.jpg

"Illusion is a handmade side table of 3 mm acrylic. All Illusion tables are handmade, individual and unique. The design gives the impression of a table cloth on a round table. However, the object uses the structural strength of the folded material to create a magical and surprising experience - an illusion."

illusion_clear.jpg

essey.com

i damned like Erik.. his stuffs are just gr8
GetImage.aspx

GetImage.aspx

stelton.com

Here are my new bought Georg jensen cutlery!!!
pyramid.ashx

i really these below ... the cutlery is just more than cute!!
but they got nothing more of these in store:-(

ArneJacobsen_Cutlery.ashx

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish it was made of out wastepaper, personally. :innocent: "A wastebasket with an identity all its own; Bin Bin looks exactly like the contents it is designed to contain, crushed paper. The product is made of hard polyethylene."

http://www.essey.com/binbin.html

essey.com

That is so cool! I could totally see myself owning one!

The Illusion side table, however, would be so hard to put in a room. It'd somehow wind up being the focus point in every configuration!

from the nytimes.com

By MARK ELLWOOD
Published: May 6, 2007
Across Tokyo, snooty barkeeps who practice molecular mixology have held on to at least one tradition: an old-fashioned ice bucket made by hand. These smooth-hewn caddies are shaped from Sawara wood, a cypress native to central Japan. It’s a superb natural insulator that keeps ice drier and less slushy than a metal strainer or bowl. Although Sawara trees are now protected by a government quota, prices are still reasonable: expect to pay about $160 (www.edocraft.com), while a stylish take on the traditional, made from another type of cypress, is $353 (www.b-zenjapan.com).
06bucket190.1.jpg
Jens Mortensen

This is such an interesting thread...some items are just exquisite. Thanks to everybody who contributed! :flower:

cute ^ ^_^
Would be sweet to have the real house and have the birdfeeder replica right next to it, also next to postbox
also: they look like pianos..

Thanks for reviving the thread, maryvstone :lucky:

Rosella folding umbrella from nothing design group at seoul design week 2007:
nd2.jpg

nd3.jpg

designboom

:woot: !! that's so clever ^

they should add leaves to make it look more like a rose individually

I'm a big tea drinker, so I though this was cute, it's called tpod:
tpod1.jpg

tpod2.jpg

add a little fun to tea.

first you take the tea bag out of the box. than unfold it...it becomes a little boat. than put it into the cup with hot water and let it swim around until the tea is ready.
Credit:soos

...everytime you hit the snooze button, the SnūzNLūz will donate a specified amount of your real money to a non-profit you hate. The problem of sleeping in is solved.

Just plug your SnūzNLūz in and either connect it to your network via the RJ45 jack on the back, or via WiFi (WPA supported) if available. Then simply configure via the embedded web browser configuration utility. From here it's a snap. Simply select your online banking institution from the list of supported banks (currently over 1600 are supported). Supply your login information and then select your favorite HATED charity or non-profit from the included lists (over 6200 currently supported). Then plug in your donation amount per snooze incident ($10 or more), set the time, and alarm, and voila, instant time profit!

Common Usage Suggestions!
Are you a butcher? Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to PETA
Are you a republican? Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to the ACLU!
Are you a land developer? Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to the Wilderness Society!
Enjoy your freedom? (Blue state version) Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to the GOP. or
Enjoy your freedom? (Red state version) Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to MoveOn.Org
Are you a hippie? Set your SnūzNLūz to donate to the American Coal Foundation.
snuznluz.jpg

thinkgeek

^hahaha :lol: brilliant!

wow, the tpod is so cool! i'm a tea drinker too and that is just adorable

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"