Inspiration - Disguise

larrikin

Reaction score
Hey Im doing an art project on the theme of diguise.
Wondering if anyone could post up any relevant images - be it art, fashion, photography.. whatever.

I need inspiring
Thanks

If you can tell me wat diguise means maybe i can help!!!

A disguise is an appearance to create the impression of being somebody or something else; for a well-known person this is also called incognito.
Example:
  • The fictional Sherlock Holmes often disguised himself as somebody else to avoid being recognized.
In a more abstract sense, 'disguise' may refer to the act of disguising the nature of a particular proposal in order to hide an unpopular motivation or effect associated with that proposal. This is a form of political spin or propaganda. See also: rationalisation and transfer within the techniques of propaganda generation.
Example:
  • Depicting an act of war as a "peace" mission.

Here we go, Nyni :flower:

westerday morning when i was in the shower I remember that bodypaint is a form of art and some of the paintings can be considered as a disguise. Maybe you can start from here and develop your work based on it.

Masks of indigenous peoples pop into my mind, particularly Africa and Brazil - the South Pacific is remarkable as well. Maybe a project on the use of masks by the ancient peoples of your country would be interesting for you and your class? Good luck with the project. It sounds like fun!

Africa

Gelede_mask_and_costume_AMNH-489x727.jpg

eepa_03985_1_-747x513.jpg

gelede_dance_photo_GS.jpg

gelede_dancer_1_-387x718.jpg

yor031_1_.jpg

All from randafricanart.com

Brazil
Amazon-Tamoko-Mask-a.jpg

Bolivia
Bolivian-Diablo-Mask-3a.jpg

All from masksoftheworld.com