First store under Francesco Risso

Marni-store-06-780x520.png
Marni-store-05-780x520.png
Marni-store-04-780x521.png
Marni-store-03-780x520.png
Marni-store-02-780x520.png
Marni-store-01-780x520.png

Retail Design Blog

I like Valextra store, they changed the interior completely from time to time. Everytime I walk in it feels like brand new.

Only in America......:shock: Can't believe peope sat by idly and allowed this to happen.
I don’t know what came first but I had similar thoughts the first time I walked into their Kurfürstendamm store years ago “guess Apple can buy anything and get all the permits..”.

I get the impression whoever did the Birkenstock store (kind of cliché in its chair selection btw) doesn’t wear Birkenstocks..

Gasp! Unless the Birkenstock store also stocks anti-anxiety meds, you won't catch me shopping in there. (src: Benn98...of course.)

birkenstock-1744-showroom-interiors-vinson-co-paris-france_dezeen_2364_col_6-852x1193.jpg

Balenciaga’s Upper East Side storefront vandalized

By Stephanie Pagones
June 20, 2019 | 11:25am

balenciaga-store-vandalized.jpg

The windows of the Balenciaga storefront on the Upper East Side were vandalized, with expletives scrawled in white spray paint, authorities said Thursday.

Someone called 911 shortly before 9:30 a.m. Thursday to report that a vandal had scribbled the graffiti — the words “Ugly *** betch” — along the window of the Madison Avenue fashion boutique, cops said and photographs from the scene show.

Police are working to determine when the incident happened. The store is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

NY Post

Balenciaga - Madison Avenue

05CRITIC-1-facebookJumbo-v2.jpg
hbz-balenciaga-00-index-1496777556.jpg
hbz-balenciaga-embed-01-1496777748.jpg
hbz-balenciaga-embed-02-1496777722.jpg

NY Times/Harper's Bazaar

^Thanks for keeping this thread alive, @Benn98!

Balenciaga opened a new, bigger flagship on Madison Avenue over the weekend.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F09%2Fnew-balenciaga-nyc-flagship-1.jpg
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F09%2Fnew-balenciaga-nyc-flagship-2.jpg
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F09%2Fnew-balenciaga-nyc-flagship-3.jpg
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F09%2Fnew-balenciaga-nyc-flagship-4.jpg

wwd.com

My pleasure, Melancholybaby! :flower:

I see the new Balenciaga store at least looks somewhat more inviting, with the plants and warmer lighting and beige walls. Can't stand the first few ones under Demna. Except the ones in Paris which looks great.

My pleasure, Melancholybaby! :flower:

I see the new Balenciaga store at least looks somewhat more inviting, with the plants and warmer lighting and beige walls. Can't stand the first few ones under Demna. Except the ones in Paris which looks great.

It does look lighter and more inviting. Still can't get used to the idea of those 3D mannequins. There's one here in Sloane Street looking out the window, creeps me out every time I walk by. :ninja:

Eckhaus Latta - Chinatown, Los Angeles

eldoh3iqtazudhdl3ekp.jpg
aictsguacythkxkw700p.jpg
jxbmjasxg4g1gxh7scbf.jpg
e44jhu1fwlawgm6tvaww.jpg
xocizbl0xmew3c10n4nf.jpg
y61ogtijewpdnfz0uxdc.jpg
hiltpshszmxqeogzdn0t.jpg
ykjyllogxpk5mmvznaxl.jpg
cgckvzf0pbic2xulwrnf.jpg
voaxgot1t0ugiabxqst4.jpg
p1mwcqwz2m2czl3ktnby.jpg
swpalamcjewtjrfuqpvq.jpg
rgkvwfbjp0ze0f0a8xoe.jpg
zcafxoaphi7brg1f14pg.jpg
ca7fn2ublho6b50qmzuk.jpg

Ssense

^^^ God, such a sad place to visit. Looks like a makeshift charity shop. I’d feel pressured into purchasing something as a donation out of pure guilt.

When you don’t have the means to do gallery display, go all out with a magpie’s overstuffed treasure trove of goodies. This wannabe-curated selection is just depressing to look at.

^^^ Is it the communal changing room???? ...Or their living room...???

^ it's got to be the changing room, when you're like 'hehe' as you walk in and find a white plastic folding chair as the 'hanger' for your bag and clothes, and there's the sound of a toilet on the other side of another curtain.

LOL

And all instances I’ve experienced from local designers’ shops. I just want to tell them to not try so hard to turn their little space into mimicking a designer kiosk at Saks. Just showcase your designs and invest in well-made hangers, racks, even shopping bags and hangtags. …Don’t prop a pair of shoes on a bowl that looks like you’ll be eating your dinner out of when the shop closes :sigh:

Looks like a makeshift charity shop. ......

...but with imported flowers from the southernmost tip of Africa. We'd rather have luxury flowers, even if it means we have to drape our jewels over someone discarded medicine containers. Who said there are no plus sides to the opioid crisis?

The New York shop, posted a few pages back which incidentally found itself in a Chinatown district as well, is way better than this one. I guess it's LA, they'll like that sort of thing over there. Still, I like Echkaus Latta. Their knitwear is to die for!

^^^ Oh so it’s a choice then… That’s so obnoxiously class-appropriation exploitive then???

Their clothes always remind me of charity shop childrenswear… At best, it’s how everyday people that live in fishing ports of African coastal town dress— out of a sense of utilitarian and thrift, not because they’re trying to make a fashion statement on Insta. And these two have only slightly repurposed that region's everyday people’s dress as their “designer” brand. I hate that sort of laziness. It’s absolutely no different than Demna reselling blue-collar DHL workwear as high designer at Vetements. Just gross all-around.

Apple - Fifth Avenue, NY

apple-fifth-avenue-foster-and-partners-interiors-renovation-store-new-york-city-usa_dezeen_2364_hero-852x479.jpg
apple-fifth-avenue-foster-and-partners-interiors-renovation-store-new-york-city-usa_dezeen_2364_col_2-852x479.jpg
apple-fifth-avenue-foster-and-partners-interiors-renovation-store-new-york-city-usa_dezeen_2364_col_6-852x648.jpg
apple-fifth-avenue-foster-and-partners-interiors-renovation-store-new-york-city-usa_dezeen_2364_col_5-852x609.jpg
apple-fifth-avenue-foster-and-partners-interiors-renovation-store-new-york-city-usa_dezeen_2364_col_7-852x609.jpg
apple-fifth-avenue-foster-and-partners-interiors-renovation-store-new-york-city-usa_dezeen_2364_col_1-852x479.jpg
apple-fifth-avenue-foster-and-partners-interiors-renovation-store-new-york-city-usa_dezeen_2364_col_0-852x479.jpg

Dezeen

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->