10y0yhk.jpg

2ntirnl.jpg

2wco9xf.jpg

14w4xut.jpg

fjmcrq.jpg

34otw6s.jpg

Interview Magazine's September Issue Bows With Six Covers

By Alexandra Steigrad

INTERVIEW COVERS SIX: Interview magazine will pay tribute to photographers in its September issue, which hits newsstands on Thursday. The magazine tapped six well-known photographers, who chose women whom they felt represented beauty. Steven Klein selected Nicole Kidman, Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott picked Naomi Campbell, Patrick Demarchelier chose Keira Knightley, Craig McDean tapped Amber Valletta, Peter Lindbergh selected Léa Seydoux and Mikael Jansson photographed Daria Werbowy.

“It was like doing six cover shoots,” said Interview editor in chief Keith Pollock, who noted that different copies of the September issue would feature one of the six covers. “There were no restrictions. There was a lot of travel. We shot in Sweden, Ibiza, London, Paris, New York. No photographer was in the same place.”

Inside the issue, each muse interviewed the photographer on their vision, except in the case of Alas and Piggott, who were interviewed by Riccardo Tisci.

“I think that themed issues are very ambitious. It can be such a huge risk,” Pollock noted. “But it was really wonderful, and there were moments when I thought this was going to tank, but we really pulled it off.”

The 324-page September issue is down slightly in ad pages from September 2013, with 131 ad pages versus the year earlier’s 152 ad pages. But Interview’s October issue is up 40 percent on a year earlier as the title marks its 45th anniversary.

wwd

These are all really excellent and well executed.
I am surprised how superb Keira's cover is, I think its my favourite. Daria looks like a well aged 50 y.o, Kidman's is maybe the weakest, it would have been amazing if she had done a piercing stare into camera.
Looking forward to seeing all the content, I hope its a thick issue with each having good length editorials.

Interview comes to save this boring September. :heart: Spectacular covers, each one represents each photographers really well. Amber and Keira's are my favorites, Daria's being the weakest. She looks... rough.

Can't wait for the content.

Amber's cover is my most favourite. It reminds me of David Bowie. I'm not sure if i like or hate Daria's cover.

These are all pretty fantastic except for Nicole Kidman's, it doesn't really look like a cover image.

Lea is unrecognizable. Naomi looks divine. When will Vogue UK?
I love all the covers. Good job The Interview.

Very well-executed for the most part. Naomi looks great. Loooove Keira's. I like the rawness of Daria's cover, but y'all she is looking ROUGH.

A bit uneasy about the cover with Nicole Kidman, though. At first glance it looks like a harmless love scene, but there's a very icky, r*pe-y subtext that turns me off.

Holy Cow Balls! Amber's cover shot by McDean is phenomenal!

McDean's ombre washes of light and shadow is just so beautiful in that scintillating, time stands still, Man Ray-esque way.

I like Naomi's by far the best. Amber's is nice, too. But it got less and less interesting when scrolling down... not sure this really needed six covers. The other ones are not bad, it's just that some shots don't seem very cover-worthy to me. But it looks like a promising September issue already!

Naomi and Keira are superb on the covers. They are really saving the September issues from disaster. Great job!

This is it!! The best offering for September, thanks Interview! All the covers except 1 does it for me. Daria really looks much too haggard and the forehead looks so leather-ey, and I actually prefer mature women on covers. Perhaps its time for her to take another break.
I agree, Nicole's actual image is not really suitable for a cover, but its a powerful image nonetheless and Klein moved away from his glossy finishes. The violent undertones is visible as it reminds me a lot of her 'apple' r*pe scene in Dogville.
Keira's is good too, a piercing stare.
I wonder how these women were selected, photographer's demands, or the magazine, because its an exciting mix

NAOMI!!!
Amber!!!!
Keira!!!

I dislike Daria's tho, she looks old

Very well done. Finally, September had been saved. I absolutely love Keira's and Amber's cover but Naomi's face expression is matchless. But really, this is a great and interesting concept with great results. Each cover reflects the photographers well enough. And I think even the weakest one is much better than most of September issues.

Daria's is by far the best for me ♡

Naomi [ugh!] please go away. Thx!

So happy for Léa! I love her!
Keira and Noami's cover are great!

Well actually i like Daria's cover as well. Not the best but i like the fact that it shows her real angle instead of over photoshopping to make her looks young with fake smooth skin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelliewillshowuhowitsdone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->