London vintage / secondhand shopping

o ! i know mercer street & wow retro ! :lol:
down the little street nxt to GAP on long acre i think, no ?

That's the one!
It's always these little streets that turn up hidden gems! :D

ahh I love Wow Retro - Did you see the huge coloured "not for sale" platform sandals in the window? I wish I could borrow them....

So many people I know in London are getting on the train out of town to smaller cities where the vintage selection is better and cheaper (not so much competition) Sometimes I'm truly shocked by the prices they charge!

^Yeah...I know what you mean. I love going to Brighton, Bristol and Manchester for cheaper vintage. Except I can't stay away from my beloved London for too long...so most of the time, I'm prepared to pay the higher prices. There are still bargains to be had if you hunt hard enough!

Vintage shopping exclusively in London

Hey all!

This thread is a directory for the best vintage and charity shops in London only.

- Shops must be named ( preferably with an address too), not just a general area given.
- It would be great if people say what they bought from particular shops and how much they paid for it. Even photos of their buys would be fantastic!:woot:

Towards the end of Portobello road there is a shop called One of a Kind. it sells tons of vintage and second hand designer stuff. Got to say that the price range is on the high side, unbelievebly so since most dresses are not designer snd the guy there sells them at around £200 each....
today i went there to try and sell/exchange this Dior deep green blazer my mother owns and he would not even exchange it for anything at all, he only offered me to exchange it for a dress and on top of thart pay him £100!!!!!! (the dress was selling for £200)
as if i was giving away a Dior blazer for a cheap looking ordinary dress

so many of theseshops in London are now truly ripping people off!!!!

by the way, there is this second hand designer shop on church st (off high st kensington) which is closing down tomorrow and thus everything is £10: today i got myself something like 14 items between skirts and tops by Versace, Chanel and Ungaro

cric-croc said:
by the way, there is this second hand designer shop on church st (off high st kensington) which is closing down tomorrow and thus everything is £10: today i got myself something like 14 items between skirts and tops by Versace, Chanel and Ungaro

It would be cruel to kid me! Everything for £10?! Hell, I'm going there tomorrow first thing!:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

I have to ask cric-croc, the designer stuff they have is it last season?

I am afraid not, almost everything is from the 80s and 90s. I went there yesterday afternoon and they did not have much left of the nice things, but had tons of the old and not too appealing stuff. they have now put everything on the lower ground floor, while on the first floor they have only coats and jackets by the new management of the shop. letme know if you manage to find some good bargains!

good luck ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->