J. Crew F/W 12.13 New York

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
J. Crew’s fall collection, the first under new head of women’s design Tom Mora, felt refreshingly true to its roots. There were still ample stripes, sequins and perfectly mixed styling, but Mora, who was inspired by Irving Penn, paid more attention to great pants and sweaters, ski-lodge types such as a reverse intarsia, and two graphic turtlenecks, one in green and aqua, one in pink and burgundy. He also upped the ante in accessories with shearling bags and a new designer collaboration — Manolo Blahnik BB pumps that will be sold online.

For the men’s wear, old photos of the Arctic explorer Ernest Shackleton were one of Frank Muytjens’ main inspirations, which showcased an ideal blend of polished dress-up with a rugged aesthetic. Distressed denim jackets were layered under Harris Tweed tailored blazers and wool coats, and a Fox Brothers flannel suit was worn with a wool shirt and a flannel tie for an interesting play on textures.

wwd.com
j-crew01.JPG
j-crew02.JPG
j-crew05.JPG
j-crew07.JPG

I heard a lot of people complaining this collection might be a bit too high-street like, but I must say that I totally adore it, I believe the styling is amazing and generally the prints and textures just work! Oh, and let's not forget about the SHOES, designed by Manolo Blahnik! therefore, in my opinion, J Crew got it more than right! :heart: it

It's like a bit of everything, from Carven to Chloe. But it seems nice still.

I love it (except maybe the shearling bags). I'm a total J.Crew girl so I was never in the frame to hate, but I can feel a little bit of evolution with the prints (i.e. one big print versus having a floral) and the introduction of the silk and satin skirts. But it's still very true to their customer and at the end of the day, it's always individual pieces and complete looks that not only inspire but also I can imagine myself wearing, which is more than what other labels do. Love the girl wearing the Jenna style glasses as well.

Really excited by the Manolo collab as well - such a coup for them

Cant get enough of this collection!! I wanna be a girl so I can dress this cool! :heart::P

I like JCrew and find their basics so good to have in the closet; I also like the way they've branched out via their collection line, although I feel as though they could push the collection a little further still. Less cable sweaters and cropped pants and a few more design -oriented risks. The basics are covered in their basic goods.

they are becoming more & more refined. i mean, they've always been good but now their just great. & those price tags are appearing to edge closer & closer to the luxury market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->