Jack White and Karen Elson expecting! *Update* Elson files a Restraining Order

:rofl:..

they were making the stuff he seems to be aiming for now back in 2004, when he was making the trendy high school crap he's still mostly remembered for. What a guy, always tripping...

i was just about to say.....as if he's the arbiter of blues-rock....get over yourself,already jack. and i wish the music media would stop bowing to him...no wonder he thinks the way he does because all they do is fawn over him.

feel bad for karen and those children.

The title is SO hilarious. "Jack White and Karen Elson expecting! *Update* Elson files a Restraining Order". Talk about a complete 180! :shock:
I love Jack White as a musician, but catching up on the gossip about him on ONTD confirms my suspicions that he's not quite there in the head. I wish Karen all the best.

He is fighting back...

Rollingstone

Jack White isn't letting estranged wife Karen Elson's claims in their ongoing custody battle go uncontested. In a motion filed by his lawyer today in Davidson County Circuit Court in Nashville and obtained by Rolling Stone, the singer-guitarist directly responds to claims made by Elson in a restraining order against him last week, as well as her motion that he submit to a psychiatric exam.
Elson, who split with White in 2011, has alleged that he harassed her and is an unfit father for their two children. White's countermotion strongly objects to that characterization. "The reason for filing this response is that Mr. White does not want to be portrayed as something he is not, violent toward his wife and children," the countermotion reads.
The filing cites a series of emails from Elson to White in which she praises his parenting abilities. "You're an amazing father, I'm so glad we had these kids together," Elson wrote in an email to White dated May 19th, 2013. White's attorney, Cathy Speers Johnson, calls Elson's motion for a psychiatric exam "inflammatory . . . . disingenuous, fraudulent and retaliatory and simply designed to malign him in the public record or to gain an upper hand in this litigation."
In response to claims by Elson that she fears White, the countermotion states that Elson left their children in his care the day after signing her restraining order affidavit, while she took a 10-day "work/pleasure trip" to New York. The following day, she filed her motion requesting a psychiatric exam. "One who was truly fearful of another would not leave their children alone with that person for 10 days," White's response says. "The truth of the matter is that Ms. Elson is not fearful for herself or the parties' minor children."
White claims that Elson professed her love for him as recently as last month, telling their mutual friend Dean Fertita, "I'm completely in love with Jack and I'd move back in tomorrow if he asked me." (Fertita, White's bandmate in the Dead Weather, also plays in Queens of the Stone Age.) "This is not the statement of a woman who is concerned about the emotional stability of the father of their children or their safety when they are with him," the motion states.
The current rift between White and Elson – who had previously co-parented their children amicably, despite ongoing divorce proceedings – appears to stem in part from a European trip that Elson took with the children in June, during which she kept them overseas for 10 days longer than White had previously given written consent.

^ Interesting - that reveals what I thought initially, that so many of these custody battles boil down to squabbles between the parents!

And if this is true

In response to claims by Elson that she fears White, the countermotion states that Elson left their children in his care the day after signing her restraining order affidavit, while she took a 10-day "work/pleasure trip" to New York.

Then one does have to wonder...:innocent:

Sadly (insofar as the children go), the plot thickens.

Wow..I remember when they first got together I thought they were a couple that would make it last.

i read the emails. it turns out he was talking about Dan Auerbach of the black keys. he thinks that the black keys are ripping off his music.

Where did you read those emails? I'd be curious to read them too.

If it's true that she emailed him that he's an amazing father and was leaving kids with him and suddenly did a complete turn around, then I find her allegations hard to believe. Not to mention, that little paragraph on the previous page doesn't really make any specific examples of him harassing or hurting her or the kids. Unfortunately for him, the legal system is stacked against him.

I can't help but laugh at the thread title. :rofl:

Well that escalated quickly.
This thread title really is gold! (Not to make light of the situation, but read in its entirety? The thread title is comedy!)

:rofl:..

they were making the stuff he seems to be aiming for now back in 2004, when he was making the trendy high school crap he's still mostly remembered for. What a guy, always tripping...

I'm glad you said this because I couldn't help but roll my eyes so hard that they nearly popped out of my head. Jack White wishes he were as hard hitting as the Black Keys (and as Dan Auerbach when he's solo). Pfft.

Where did you read those emails? I'd be curious to read them too.

There is an excerpt on Rolling Stones.com:

"Emails submitted to the court for that motion reveal that White's rival is Black Keys singer-guitarist Dan Auerbach, who moved to Nashville in 2010 and who, like White, rose to fame fronting a blues-y Midwestern garage-rock duo with a monochromatic name. "My conce[r]n with Auerbach is because I don't want the kids involved in any of that crap," White wrote in an email to Elson. "That's a possible 12 ****ing years I'm going to have to be sitting in kids chairs next to that ******* with other people trying to lump us in together. He gets yet another free reign to follow me around and copy me and push himself into my world."

Found a link to the email itself :

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0802_white_2.pdf

I feel so voyeuristic reading through someone's personal emails, though I guess this casts a different light on the whole 'Karen Elson obtaining a restraining order'.

It makes me question the 'violent, sociopath' image painted of White by the sensationalist headlines in the media

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I feel so sorry for him. He sounds like he's trying to do the right thing but he's been put in such a desperate situation. He seems helpless. I realize there are usually two sides to every story, but I said it initially, Karen didn't seem to have a lot of back up for her "harassment" allegations. It's really become a buzz word in family court cases, especially when the woman (I'm not trying to stereotype, but usually it's the woman who takes this route) is trying to get her way.

I see Jack is trying to resolve it all personally between him and her, but boy better lawyer up. This ain't gonna go well for him. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->