Jack white marries Karen Elson

I was surprised when I found out, I had no idea that they were dating.

Congratuations to them anyway, hope they're really happy :flower:

Jadee said:
I read that on metaquotes , someone posted an hilarious comment :

"Jack White marries model girlfriend Someone Or Other.

I...just...I....:brain breaks: That man is scary. He isn't just "unattractive" or even "unconventional." He looks like the undead. I have this fear he is going to EAT MY BRAINS. He's like...you know what he's like? He's like Johnny Depp *should* look at his age, if he didn't have a painting somewhere in his house that was aging instead. "

:woot: a-hahaha...too funny! :lol: :flower:

Physically they make a great couple. Her bright red hair, his dark black hair, thier pasty white skin. It's like the cover of all thier albums. I like it..:flower:

What the?? Quite an unlikely pairing. He really likes his women pasty huh. Interesting though, wonder how it'll work out.

:shock:

I didn`t even know they were dating!!!

Btw: how long have they dated?

From Vogue UK:

WHITE DAY FOR A WEDDING
spacer.gif
KAREN ELSON has got married to White Stripes frontman Jack White in a secret ceremony in Brazil. The shock news was announced via White's official website with a posting that read: "Karen Elson and Jack White were married yesterday on the confluence of three rivers - the Rio Negro, the Solimones and the Amazon - in the Amazon basin in the city of Manaus, Brazil." Although a Catholic priest later blessed the union, the actual ceremony itself was a little more unusual, with the couple saying their vows in front of a "traditional Shaman priest on a canoe at the exact point where the three rivers meet". Although the news was met with some sceptism from fans, White's publicist has confirmed the wedding definitely happened and that the couple have been dating for about a month - it's thought they may have met on the set of Jack's new music video, Blue Orchid, in which Elson has a starring role. (June 3 2005, AM)

---

They only dated for a month!!! :blink:

I hope the divorce makes Karen rich! :innocent:

^
I bet Karen is rich already, she has been modelling forever!

From Vogue :flower: :

KATE MOSS topped the supermodel rich list this weekend. Featuring at 24th place on the Sunday Times list of Britain's richest young people, her fortune is estimated to be around the £14 million mark. She is followed by Erin O'Connor, who has made £9 million, Karen Elson, Lisa Ratliffe and Vivien Solari, all of whom have £8 million, Alek Wek, with £7 million, and Kirsty Hume, with £4 million. Jacquetta Wheeler, whose £4 million bank balance puts her slightly behind her father who came in at 950th place on the main annual Rich List with £40 million, came 73rd on the young persons' list, followed by Sophie Dahl, at 95th place with £3 million. Sir Paul and Lady Smith are the highest significant fashion figures to feature on the main list, with a fortune of £180 million putting them at 223rd place. Hairdresser John Frieda was not far off, at 247th place with £170 million, followed by Joseph Ettedgui, (443rd place, £90 million), Jigsaw's John Robinson, (443rd place, £90 million), Ray Kelvin, of Ted Baker, (527th place, £76 million), Jimmy Choo's Tamara Yeardye (508th place, £78 million) and Australian supermodel Elle Macpherson, whose own fortune combined with her long-term financier boyfriend Arkie Busson's is estimated to have hit up to £50 million. (April 19 2004, AM)

Last edited by a moderator:
haha cool!

How come when i saw him in Cold Mountain i so would, but almost any other time he looks...erm...rough

Congrats to them! They get all the points, since they married in Brasil lol. :innocent:

God at first I thought it was Jack Black the one who married her :lol:

Still, it's strange, they did keep it on the down low, I never heard of them dating :ninja:

This is SO random. I would've NEVER been able to predict it.

Hot couple though, nontheless. :blush:

Wow, I didn't even realise they were dating! I love the Blue Orchid video, it's beautiful...

All the best to them :flower:

LoveKylie said:
I love when the media are clueless! good for them.

haha, i totally agree! suckers caught by surprise.... B)

Jack White has a way of catching people off guard. He plots all kinds of off the wall schemes (which I guess this is not one of them but it definitely caught us off guard) such as the myth that Jack and Meg are brother and sister. He kind of likes to mess with the media though. He also makes up a lot about his childhood and so forth. But it is all apart of a character he has formed for the sake of his bands image. He is kind of a crazy guy....but I love him for it.

from Motorcityrocks.com

Thursday, June 2
THE UNION FOREVER?

84948.gif
According to the White Stripes.com and MTV News, Jack White has married model Karen Elson , who you may know from the Blue Orchid video. Apparently Meg was the maid of honor and the Stripes manager was best man. They were married in Brazil by a shamen priest on a canoe at the spot where the Rio Negro, the Solimones and the Amazon rivers meet. What????? This sounds totally insane and not very believeable, but I guess we can wait and see it's true or another tale in the White Stripes myth.

Another article:

http://www.themodernage.org/2005/06/from-south-america-with-loveand-clichs.html

I saw the news on MTVLatinAmerica .. just that in there, they said that Jack married Karen NELSON!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->