Jacquemus F/W 2020.21 : Laetitia Casta by Valentin Herfray

More than ugly, a dog from below? The poor thing should sue.

Honestly the emphasis it places on the props make it look more like an ad for a pet store, Nintendo 64, Nokia cellphones, ping-pong tables, etc. I know the clothes are awful but still...they should be the center point of the ad.

The shot of her asking for a Rachael is so obvious, not funny.

Last edited:
I agree with @kokobombon ! The direction is great, really love the dynamic angles plus the props creating spirals of lines without completely taking away from the clothing.

I love the idea but some of these shots are so unflattering

I agree that some of the shots are unflattering, but this is so fun I can’t help but love it. Definitely put a smile on my face

The 90s vibes are too literal though the pink set isn't bad. They are lucky they got letitia who looks good in anything. The shoe shot also does look exactly like the fenty shoe ad including the shoe!

It’s tacky and fun! I like it!
It speaks to his audience and it’s good to see Laetitia having fun...(you have the feeling sometimes that she is taking herself very seriously).

The 90’s references are very obvious...In a way, it kinda scream early 00’s still but it’s something that will touch his audience. They romanticize the 90’s and he took all the right elements.

I’m a bit confused by the timing of the whole thing. Maybe it will help to sell during the holiday season...

I like it. it’s fun and Laetitia looks great.

Great photographs with lots of energy. It's a shame the plain and lifeless clothes bring it down. You can't do something dramatic and fun like this with such boring clothes. Everything has to pop. I would have guessed this was an ad for an N64 before some overpriced designer rags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->