Jean Paul Gaultier HC Retrospective 2010 Moscow

EnVogueLove

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is JPG cruise or just JPG first collection for Russia or HC? If somebody know than moderator will change the name of the thread
He presented his designs at the Kazansky railway station in Moscow May 14, 2010, using the painted ceilings and ornate decor and the music was perfect for collection.

Sorry if there is already a thread, but I don't think so.

Here is runway video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRQBUVqZgCE&feature=player_embedded#!

Last edited by a moderator:
this isn't a cruise collection
this is Haute Couture from different seasons

13.05.10 - GUM, Moscow
press conference

life.ru

Designer Jean Paul Gaultier was personally invited by Bosco di Ciliegi for to present his retrospective show of haute couture collection in the terms of the 10th anniversary of the «Cherry wood» festival.
The press conference took place in the morning of May, the 13th in GUM’s demonstration hall and was devoted to the forthcoming maestro’s visit and the show in the waiting hall of the Kazanskiy railway station.
«Once I wanted to make a show in the building of the Lyon station, — said Gaultier to pressmen, — but it didn’t come out. Soon I left the idea, however now I have the possibility to realize it in Moscow." «Railway station is a symbol of journey, — he added. — And my collection is also a kind of a journey.
Le maitre of French fashion was in Moscow in 2005 on the occasion of his solemn Jean Paul Gaultier shop opening in Petrovsky Passage. In his first visit Gaultier was in his own words «conquered by Russia». Now he is really astonished by the quick changes in our city.
«Today’s Russia, — he says — has very young and fresh nation keeping however its ancient traditions. Russia increasingly opens to the world. I even had an impression that Old Europe will soon become a «companion» of Russia «. Russia not once inspired Gaultier to create new images and sources of inspiration were taken not only from the history and culture of Russia, but people too. «I really like the way Russian people wear clothes», said fashion designer to the pressmen — «for example, some people here wear jackets loosely like Hussars did just throwing it on the shoulders.
Besides Russian culture, traditions, beauty of the city and the friendliness of Russian people, the fashion designer noted professionalism of Russian models. «I like to work with the Russian models who are by the way the main actresses on world runways» — added Gaultier.
Immediately after the press conference, Jean Paul Gaultier went on working on casting and fitting, personally controlling all the stages and details of the preparation to the show.
Gaultier Paris show will take place in May, the 14th in the waiting room of the
Kazanskiy station and will include retrospective collection of haute couture specially prepared for Moscow city.

gum.ru

14.05.10 - Kazanky railway station, Moscow

Danila Polyakov, model

Vika Gazinskaya-left, designer

Sergei Teplov, designer

Aliona Doletskaya, editor-in-chief Vogue Russia

Evelina Khromchenko, editor-in-chief, L'Officiel Russia

Andrey Bartenev, designer

Max Chernitsov, designer

Miroslava Mikheeva-Duma, invited fashion editor, OK! Magazine, Russia

Jean Paul Gaultier, Couture collection, Moscow

bosco.ru

She closed.
13295791_11n.jpg

13295791_61n.jpg

Who is she?

xinhuanet.com

Cool pics. I was there, btw. ^_^ I'll post some pics that I took. And the invitation of course :smile:

Cool pics. I was there, btw. ^_^ I'll post some pics that I took. And the invitation of course :smile:

That's great^_^ Do you know names of this models? Are they all Russians? I really can't tell who most of this models are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->