Jil Sander F/W 11.12 Milan

that was yuck , stir up pants , florals and horridly shaped dresses , ummm I will take a pass this season

Yeah i agree. I found this collection very bland. Too simplistic. Just because you put bright color on what's been done 209354586 times, doesnt means its now a great idea.

Not my favourite collection from Jil Sander (brand), as for the floral print thankfully it wasn't all over the whole collection. Guess we have to wait until next season, hopefully they work on it and go back to JS basics.

Oh look, it's the 1960s Grandma collection -- you've got her floral fabrics and hideously oversized and unflattering silhouettes, even her head scarves! I hate it this season, it's always been a mature label, but in a sophisticated way, this is taking it too far. The ski looks aren't rocking my world either.

i must say the floral coats are my favorite! like the structural fabrics at the end and the colours, too!

I can safely say I'm not fan. The oversize looks are quite unflattering and the florals feel totally dated (not in a good way either).
I expect more from Raf.

I'm getting tired of Raf.

This collection, except for some great standard clean jackets and coatdresses, is weak-- it's all so very IKEA, circa 1984, with all those primary colors, isn't it?

I always love how Raf searches for the new ways to make the minimal exciting, and it looks like he did it again.

I need some time to warm up some of the more extreme looks (although I'm already strangely attracted to those flower prints), but I really love most of this so far. Those voluminous coats and jackets are just fantastic.

This collection was phenomenal! The cut of those jackets and pants was sublime, but what really made a difference here was the attention to detail on the seaming of the shoulder and the sleeves. It reminds me of when Coco Chanel said that the luxuriousness of clothes was to be seen in the detailing of the sleeves and the cuff.

Besides, this collection reminded me a lot of 2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick) which I love! It had that whole futuristic modernity but with the influence of the 60's. I saw a lot of Balenciaga-inspired shapes (the backs of the dresses and coats in particular).

Overall I thought this was a nice blend of his last two collections (FW 10 and SS 11) but even I can admit that some of those shapes and fabrics might be difficult for the customer to wear. I'm curious to see how they water this one down for the customer!

the shapes were just too dull for me and the wedge boots not my thing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->