Jil Sander F/W 11.12 Milan

Nicolasa

Reaction score
First Look: Jil Sander Fall 2011​
ruB5a.jpg

mDv3K.jpg

So is it a dress or a coat or…?

“Exactly,” answered Raf Simons, looking on as a model in a pretty, if somewhat oversize and indistinguishable, article of clothing stood before him in a conference room in the Jil Sander offices in Milan.

And that is about as much concrete information as you’re going to get out of this man two days before he shows his fall collection for the house.

So, based on the dress-slash-coat, here’s what can be deduced. The exciting volume Simons created for spring will continue for fall, but in a new proportion. Hemlines will be to the knee, not the floor. Also, the bigness will be balanced by looks that are more streamlined, such as the button-up shirt and pleated skinny pant he’s done in a floral print that’s woven in such a way that it hints at ikat. Color is another important component for Simons this fall, darker tones and an exploration of red, in particular.

Altogether the look was inspired by Diane Arbus and ritzy 1950s snowbunnies, two worlds that perhaps only a conceptual designer like Simons could connect. Arbus influenced the “twisted” sensibility Simons said he hopes to give the collection, and the skiers, specifically their snowsuits, encouraged him to think about sportiness, aerodynamics, and what he repeatedly referred to as couture shapes.

“We will always try to be pure and minimalist, but you can’t survive on the idea of only this super-pure camel coat,” Simons said. “Women want to be challenged. I have a feeling high-fashion women like very much to be extreme.”

by Emily Holt
vogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or is anyone thinking of 'cold wind blows' by Eminem whilst waiting for Jil Sander to start? Maybe i just embarrassed myself?

Terrible show
What was the actual theme of the collection? -_-
Those flower prints are beyond cheap and ugly

now I'm really curious what Balenciaga would do this season.

very interesting collection, i thought everything looked quite sophisticated

Apparently he was inspired by stirrup pants and Louis Dahl-Wolfe, the celebrated photographer of the 30s, 40s and 50s.

I like the fact that he didn't do much colour for fall. The cuts seemed exquisite, fabrics expensive and the overall look was effortless. I particularly liked the black outfits. Can't wait to see more!

I like some of the pants and shoes, otherwise I'm not impressed. The dresses looks like sacks and it's nothing new nor interesting.

Some looks

248524390.jpg
248525949.jpg

source: twitter.com/THELOVEMAGAZINE

248526043.jpg
248526114.jpg
248526045.jpg
248527565.jpg
248527574.jpg
248527579.jpg

source: twitter.com/JessicaMichault

I didn't like it as much.
Alongside all those unflattering wide tops I would've loved to see somewhat more diversity for the pants.
The only thing I liked were the few fitted colorful pullovers with the hoods, which I think were a nice idea.
The "8" runway looked great too, but the music during the show was kind of irritating and annoying at times.

I find the show/collection awesome! To me Raf Simons is the man.

I think this was pretty fine collection! Lots of nice coats, sweaters, dresses, colors!
Except floral prints... it was really good! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->