Jimmy Choo F/W 2018.19 : Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Joan Smalls & Lily Aldridge

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Photographed by Lachlan Bailey:

JIMMYCHOO. COM

Well, at least they're all cut from the same cloth. Just surprised Lachlan shot this because it's so generic.

More campaign images; also starring Clément Chabernaud:

JIMMYCHOO. COM

Ugh, I can't stand the pose on the couch all together with their feet all towards us: I understand they are trying to sell those shoes but it's too much for me. The other shots are nice, I never really liked Lily but her solo image is okay. The solo shot of Rosie is good as well. The best one is of course the one with Clement! That one is interesting. Joan surprisinly doesn't impress me here.

I don't like it, we have seen models posing on couches so many times, it is boring. However, I must say that I love Joan Smalls, she seems to be the only good model of this cast.

Lol, the posing is so bad, crikey! Joan slipping off that couch?

I get the feeling that they wanted the campaign to look like a Testino shoot? Can't rationalise the overt generic vibe.

I'll never understand how Lily Aldrige keeps on getting work, she's never convinced me as a model.

The casting reminds me of Stuart Weitzman

I'll never understand how Lily Aldrige keeps on getting work, she's never convinced me as a model.

She must have a HUGE TERRIFIC agent !!!! Like a CHAMPION BOOKER otherwise I can´t explain why we would book so many jobs being so LAME and BORING as a model with no skills.

Then again, Rosie books a hundreds covers of Harpers´Bazaar for just doing NOTHING :lol:

The only real working HIGH FASHIONNNNN supermodel there is Joan Smalls! In fact everybody let´s just remind ourselves what a real-working-fashion model is:

@bethannhardison Happy to have seen this magnificent cover of Joan Smalls @joansmalls. It took my mind off of "45", Sessions, Daca and North Korea. To see models on covers of magazines is the "move". And for me Joan is the epitome of a serious working model that worked from the bottom and built her road. No social media, famous family or affiliates got her here. Just basic "go-sees", towing the line, hard work and smart moves at the right time. Joan remains still #1 model in the world for me. It's "old-school" working twice as hard as your white counterpart and succeeding. I never stop being proud..
Thank you Joan.

Source: Bethann Hardison Instagram.

Well, I respect Bethann, but some of what she's saying is not entirely true. At some point, around the same time the Instagirls came onto the scene, Joan's bookings took a bit of a nosedive. Then she started hanging out with them and got a lot more social media/public interest. And that ultimately resulted in more bookings.

She comes across as someone who always look out for number 1. But then again, most models nowadays do that. Gone are the days when Christy would turn down bookings if they didn't book her friends, for instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i94marisk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->