Gucci F/W 11.12 : Sigrid, Abbey, Joan, Emily, Lenz, Anthon & Duco by Mert and Marcus

I love it! Dark, mysterious and sexy :heart:

I'm obviously very happy to see Emily! :clap: So happy she's not just lost in the background... she has such a powerful strength in her eyes

i really like how they continued with the concept of Pre-Fall

also it reminds me of the Gucci ads of the olden days, meaning, Tom Ford says. the cluster of people, the color.

i'm hoping for some 2 page versions as i usually love those the most.

but still, THE image for me is still the one from Pre-Fall, where is girl is face-down on the table, stretching her arm out with a clutch in hand. that was just delirious.

^I agree I totally get the Tom Ford vibe from these ads,:D theres a lot going on wish you could see the clothes more clearly, even though Im not of fan of blonde Abbey i lov ethat shot of her in the yellow gown:heart:, and great to see Emily in her first major campaign!

what a disaster. i cant see anything this is awful. the cast is typical overload. Frida, please take it back to Spring Summer 2010 campaign.

this is overload. its a clusterfck. and the males are not even gucci sexy. fails miserably.

This is a bad campaign, the projections are too distracting
Sigrid is NOT Gucci girl at all. The only good photo is the one with Joan with the sunglasses
but the other ones are BAD!

I like Abbey's shot
and Sigrid eyewear but hated the rtw wear sigrid is the background

The images are extremely attractive. There's colour, there's sex and there's movement. But unfortunately I can't seem to concentrate on the clothes and for some reason I have a feeling that's intentional. I think they're trying to advertise an image more than just clothes, which I'm not a huge fan of to be honest.

Anyways, Sigrid is the best looking thing here. She appears in less shots but she has such striking presence, I love it. Meanwhile I'm super happy for Emily ^_^

i love lenz and appreciate his work but he is not sexy for gucci.

Squizree you said it right theres movement along with a big cast, dark & heavy collection, dark theme, too much movement. its just too much.

I like it, but I think I preferred pre-fall. The Lenz/Sigrid/Joan combo feels really right to me. The hologram/shadow technique is incredibly sumptuous.
I don't think that Sigrid isn't a Gucci girl - she fits the Fall collection well enough and the designer must see her as a good representative of their brand. That automatically makes her a Gucci girl, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
ummm yeah this is Abbey Lee's campaign.
So disappointing because Joan and Emily are barely used
unless more shots surface

The concept is great but it wasn't executed too nicely which is a shame because it had definite potential. It's too cluttered and the amount of models in some shots is overwhelming. The only photo I remotely appreciate is Lenz's solo eyewear shot.
I feel like this could have worked with stronger models.

too much Abbey, needs more of all the other girls. might as well get rid of the guys, but i love the photography. simplified, without abbey, this would be perfect. Mert and Marcus are best with the red-light-room concept

Favorite Gucci campaign in such a long time..
Of course I like it because of the evident Tom Fordish vibe.

Really different with the previous campaigns, but I kind of love it!

I really dislike everyone in the cast, especially Abbey, but I can't deny the campaign is gorgeous. But it's really a testament to the photographer, styling, etc and really in spite of the bland models. I'm also glad they finally changed up that tired formula of theirs that they've been recycling for the last two years.

I'm not just saying this because she's my favorite model, but Snejana would be so perfect for this old Hollywood glamour campaign.

Where`s Natasha!? Anyway, I love it. It`s so classy, orgasmic, beautiful, fierce and everything I wanted it to be (less Natasha). I`d be loving to see this in print! One of their best ad campaigns so far!

* I wonder where they`ll fit the GUCCI masthead

This is SO Good!!! even if it is obvious that most of the pictures were not shot like this, i mean, they mixed them on photoshop, i think that the final result is very good. I'm impressed!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->