Joe Fresh Style - From the creator of Club Monaco

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
Great basic designs, in the same spirit of the clean lines of Club Monaco, but at really affordable prices...... You'll find it in a grocery store near you....... :flower:

Article from Canadian business mag

Inside the brightly lit showroom of his Toronto office, fashion designer Joseph Mimran is explaining what he loves about items in his Joe Fresh Style clothing line. Sporting a grey suit, a crisp white shirt and a tan from a recent trip to South Beach, he walks up to a mannequin dressed in a complete fall outfit. "This is a long down coat we did this season," he says, gently running two fingers over the left shoulder of the jacket. "We sell it for $69 — an amazing, amazing value. You can't find this anywhere in the city for that price." The 53-year-old similarly gushes over other parts of the ensemble, including black leggings and velvet flats. Finally, he plunges his right hand down the top of a striped sweater, pulls out a black tank top and says in a slightly hushed voice that borders on the incredulous: "Six dollars."

Cheap chic clothing isn't new to Canada. Retailers such as H&M and Zara have been selling highly fashionable low-priced apparel for a few years. But what's unique about Joe Fresh Style is where it's sold: mostly within 10,000-square-foot boutiques — complete with change rooms and trained staff — inside roughly 70 Loblaw-operated Real Canadian Superstores across the country.(The grocery giant operates a handful of stand-alone Joe Fresh Style shops beside some of its stores.)The clothing concept targets moms in their mid-30s who want to look stylish but don't have the time or budget to shop for clothes at malls. :blink: "Consumers doing their weekly food chore can now get a little hit of fashion," says Mimran. "It's a guiltless pleasure."

A lot is riding on the success of Joe Fresh Style, which initially launched in 40 stores in March. A stronger non-food offering helps Toronto-based Loblaw Cos. Ltd. protect its turf against Wal-Mart's general merchandise and grocery superstores, which debuted in Canada on Oct. 18 in the Ontario communities of Ancaster and London. But for Mimran, his reputation is at stake. If the brand flops, he could be labelled a designer whose best work may be behind him. If Joe Fresh Style succeeds, Mimran will once again climb to the top of Canada's clothing retailing heap.

Joe's women fall 08
joe.ca

Attachments

• womens_pic2_expanded.jpg
    womens_pic2_expanded.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 7
  • womens_pic4_expanded.jpg
    womens_pic4_expanded.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 8
Joe's women fall 08 (continued)
joe.ca

Attachments

• womens_pic5_expanded.jpg
    womens_pic5_expanded.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
  • womens_pic10_expanded.jpg
    womens_pic10_expanded.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 7
i really liked some of the styles on their website
however when i went to the actual store, i was really disappointed
it's cheap and it looks cheap :(

^ i agree, for this season. however, i found that for summer clothes the quality is pretty good. but then again, i find it's easier to pull off cheap with summer items since cotton and light synthetics are less noticeable than bad silk, cashmere, wool, etc.

like all other cheapo lines (forever 21 is an example) you need to know when to save and when to invest. some of their accessories, tops, and shoes are great "cheap thrills" but i would spend more on pants that are tailored.

interesting concept...i'll be in canada soon..i'll try to check it out..i'm curious...

thanks for posting kimkhuu.

I love Joe Fresh Style, I think some of the pieces are great.

Has anyone checked out their fall line?

^ I've only seen what's on the commercial (and the website) but it looks pretty good. As usual, the womens line is better than the mens. I really do like the look of the $89 black peacoat, it's the first photo. I'll need to drop into a Superstore to check out how it fits... judging by past collections it'll be HUGE on me.

That link goes to the mens section of the website for guys wondering what fall 08 is like.

@adorefaith: Hope you enjoy yourself! :smile: Just keep in mind that you're likely going to have to go into the 'burbs to get to Joe. Superstores are really just huge grocery stores and are always really out of the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks tod! :flower: i lived there for a few yrs so i have a superstore in mind...and i was out in the mountains anyway....so i was already really out of the way...^_^

very interesting....
really good marketing concept imo....

^of, soft..you'd go nuts. this thing is becoming quite the destination point with 'fashion' people.

It's hilarious to see moms with grocery bags picking through stuff and the odd flash of a fashion girl here and there.

This is a genius concept really.

I think most of their stuff look look and feel cheap. I love the concept, but it didn't translate well.

It's funny, I never really paid attention to this but when I was in Superstore with my boyfriend a couple weeks ago we were rushing from one side of the store to the pharmacy section (seems like a 1 km journey) and went through the Joe Fresh stuff and I was really impressed with it. I didn't feel a lot of the fabrics but I stopped several times and was like 'hey....that's cute!' Since I'm back at my mum's again, I might check it out again tomorrow.

these prices are insane! :o

i like this look..:heart:

joe.ca

Attachments

• joe.jpg
    joe.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 392
^ I really like the toque in that outfit. And the cardigan. I really just like it in general!

not bad at all. i wonder if its made in the same factories as club monaco.

Stopped in today and the quality looks pretty decent. There is a grey felt jacket with tonal grey felt elbow pads that was quite cute but the material was quite thin. All the other stuff seemed alright for quality though. I picked up a striped boatneck kind of shirt that is dark blue with skinny navy stripes for $16. It's very cute and flattering

Joe Runway Show for Fall 2008
lorealfashionweek.ca

GPM_5251.jpg
GPM_5116.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"