Jon and Kate Gosselin to divorce

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by christina126, Jun 22, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. christina126

christina126 New Member

Anybody else love Jon and Kate Plus 8? I'm so sad :cry:. I've been trying to avoid the tabloid gossip surrounding them b/c I've felt its been so unfair; no matter what they have or have not done to each other, they didn't deserve to be suddenly thrushed into the media glare. I've watched this show from the beginning and adore their family. Its too bad.

2. brianna

brianna New Member

It really is sad. I think they both have changed due to fame and the whole situation is the worst for the kids. Hopefully they can work something out in the future. I think the first step would be putting an end to the show.

3. haksare

haksare New Member

:cry: horrible news.
    I, too, hope they can resolve their difference without divorce. Fame has caught up with them, and although inevitable, still sad. I love their show and have developed a somewhat close relationship with them as a family. I'm worried about the children, as well. I mean, from what we see, they're so loving and behaved.
    The media is harsh and unforgiving, hopefully this will just be a minor obstacle that they can overcome.

4. brianna

brianna New Member

So while on the show they announced they were legally separating and that's how it was going to be for now, turns out Kate was the one who filed for divorce today for unknown reasons.

people.com

5. lmelanie

lmelanie Active Member

6. Trista

Trista New Member

I knew it was coming. I hope that something can get worked out, but I just know it probably will get milked for all it's worth.

7. STYLEOClDE

STYLEOClDE blink once. blink twice.

i just can't believe it... :(
    i hope instead of a divorce they'll just separate and work things out in the end...

8. alicia753

alicia753 New Member

9. Boluda

Boluda New Member

who are these people
    i keep hearing about them even though ive no cable tv and am not american
    (tho im an avid perez reader ah!)

10. christina126

christina126 New Member

They were a couple who had twins and then sextuplets through IVF. They did a documentary for the channel TLC which turned into a popular reality series, probably about 5 years ago.

11. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

could see the tension on their show from the beginning but this is way sad!

12. eternitygoddess

eternitygoddess Active Member

Who cares about these people?!

They've been all over the news for months now! They're not even legitimate celebrities. They're only claim to fame is birthing 6 kids. I'm amazed that people find this family remotely interesting.

America's media obsession has reached an all time low.

13. christina126

christina126 New Member

^If your not interested in them, then why come into this thread? Many people care about this family and its not their fault the tabloids put them on their covers every week.

14. aadina

aadina New Member

I used to watch them. I am so sad...

15. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

I wish people and the tabloids would stop giving them attention. They are like the US version of Katie and Peter. :ninja: They are both very punchable! I wish them both bad luck in the future and rarely would I say such a thing!

16. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

I really hope you're kidding. Not only is the wife giving interviews every god damn week, they became famous by CHOICE. So technically, it is their faults. They become famous for nothing, so they pay the price.

17. haksare

haksare New Member

Actually, they started by being offered small presentation on a show for having multiples which eventually led to them making a tv show which then erupted to seasons thus unfortunately attracting tabloids and attention. So technically it did come to them which later then led them to make their choice to make a show. They didn't choose to have 8 kids at once and they surely could have chosen to select a few to raise but they decided to take on the whole crowd. I'd like to see other families out there try to raise 8 kids and try to remain sane. You got to give them some credit.

If you want to talk shows/celebrities with no purpose, what about The Hills? Keeping Up with the Kardasians? Paris Hilton's my Next BFF? Sure Jon & Kate's show is a bit more educational and entertaining than watching a bunch of reality TV show morons get their 15 minutes of fame.

And really? To wish them bad luck in the future? You may not be their biggest fan, but that's a pretty low thing to say. Even for your worst enemy. And I guess bad luck to their children too? :rolleyes: If you don't want to hear about, don't come here easy as that. Some of us want to find light in this situation without pricks edging to start up arguement.

18. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

It's hardly an educational show. The wife, Kate is quite clearly desperate for attention.

19. christina126

christina126 New Member

No I'm not kidding. The tabloids have been putting them on their covers long before they went to People, and I think they go to People to set the story straight. They deserve to defend themselves. They have no control over what other people say about them.

20. aadina

aadina New Member

In my opinion, they accepted the show for money, but not for them, for the future of their 8 children. Money was an issue for them having to bring up 8 children.