Jonathan Rhys Meyers Enters Rehab

novella

breakfast time
Reaction score
2nrk70z.jpg

Jonathan Rhys Meyers, star of Showtime's The Tudors, has entered a rehab facility, his rep tells PEOPLE exclusively.

"After a non-stop succession of filming Jonathan Rhys Meyers has entered an alcohol-treatment program," rep Meredith O'Sullivan says. "He felt a break was needed to maintain his recovery."

The 29-year-old actor, who costarred with Scarlett Johansson in Woody Allen's Match Point last year, portrays King Henry VIII in The Tudors, which premiered on April 1, and recently completed filming the drama August Rush with Keri Russell, Terrence Howard and Robin Williams.

Meyers' rep adds: "Jonathan plans to resume his schedule following completion."

(source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20036531,00.html & image from http://www.matazone.co.uk)

^ I love him and I wish him the best.

I thought Jonathan Rhys Meyers was the hairdresser with the show, you know! "Blow out" i think it was called, hahahahaha..

jantin.jpg

timeinc.

Not surprising...that year he won at the Golden Globes for Elvis is when he really should've checked in...all in the eyes...:shock:

LOL Beautiful Stranger LOL

it's about time...he's looks strung out half of the time

Yay, finally! :clap: I love this guy, I think he's the hottest thing on legs, but it was quite obvious he had problems. I seriously hope he gets well and continues to work, because the last thing we need is for his foxiness to die young because of addictions :(

Wow. He's such a talented guy. This came as a real surprise to me, I always thought he had it all together. Hopefully he gets better soon.

I've heard mixed things about him, but his bad attitude could have A LOT to do with the addictions.

that was waiting to happen... just look at his eyeballs... WOW!!!
but i would sleep with him:innocent:

damn, i am taller than him, but still i would sleep with him:lol::lol::lol:

perez
Pretty boy actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers is going to rehab!
"After a non-stop succession of filming, Jonathan Rhys Meyers has entered an alcohol-treatment program," his publicist said in a statement. "He felt a break was needed to maintain his recovery. Jonathan plans to resume his schedule following completion."
Oh, sure! Blame it on work.
Stars can never accept responsibility for their actions!
jontahsnnnrf1.jpg

novella said:
2nrk70z.jpg

"After a non-stop succession of filming Jonathan Rhys Meyers has entered an alcohol-treatment program," rep Meredith O'Sullivan says. "He felt a break was needed to maintain his recovery."

So wait, did he got rehab because he needed a 'break' from his non-stop succession of filming??

Gee, I wish I could flee to a luxurious resort from my non-stop succesion of work and school. (not trying to make light of alcoholism but is he an alcoholic or just in need of a vacation?)

PrinceOfCats said:
No doubt this comes from the usual unimpeachable sources...

I know someone who worked with him on set a few years back and he was quite open about his indulgent use. alcohol is the least of his worries.

^^ Exactly, alcoholism is much more palatable to audiences than the real addictions. Lindsay entered rehab for alcoholism when everyone and their mom knows she was more into something else.

Gawd, I was so in love with Jonathan when I saw him in 'Gormenghast'. Course, that was a million years ago....but I liked him better back then. He's a little too Hollywood for me now.

Not surprised he's got multiple addictions...even back before he became a celeb he seemed like he was teetering on the edge. But this won't ruin his career; everyone goes to rehab these days :rolleyes:

the alcoholism better be the reason he comes off as an ***hole in interviews. well, we all have to take responsibility one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msflair
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->