Jonathan Rhys Meyers Is Still A Mess

If alcohol,drugs,etc had never been invented,this wouldn't have happened to SO MANY people.
Hope he recovers.

Hope he gets his addictions under control. I hate to see people drinking themselves into an early grave. :cry:

He has a pretty though childhood and he lost his mother years ago. I also hope he recovers for real this time.

No more beers Mister Rhys-Meyers... it's an order (hi hi hi). Nasty Irish boy:P

A year on, he's apparently returned to rehab for the fourth time (dailymail.co.uk / mirror.co.uk:(

Jonathan Rhys Meyers 'checks into rehab for alcohol addiction'

The Tudors actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers has checked into a rehabilitation centre to seek treatment for alcohol addiction, it has been claimed.

The 33-year-old actor, who has a long history of battling alcohol addiction, is believed to have spent 10 days in a London clinic last month. Rhys Meyers is now thought to have left the facility due to work commitments.

It is thought Rhys Meyers' stay in the Capio Nightingale Hospital is his fourth attempt at rehab, according to the Daily Mirror newspaper.

The Irish actor last sought help for his addiction in May 2010, just days after allegedly screaming abuse at airport staff when they banned him from getting on a plane because he was drunk.

He was said to be guzzling vodkas at 7am in the VIP lounge at New York's JFK Airport where he was due to get on a flight to Los Angeles. United Airlines staff barred him from boarding, which resulted in the actor launching a foul-mouthed tirade, according to reports.

The incident is believed to have been the final straw for his girlfriend, heiress Reena Hammer, who is said to have told him: 'Check into rehab or I'm dumping you.'

The 24-year-old, who is the creative director of Urban Retreat, the beauty company founded by her father, George, has been dating Rhys Meyers since 2004.

Rhys Meyers was also arrested at Dublin Airport and arrested for being drunk and in breach of the peace in November 2007. The charges were subsequently dropped.

His US publicist confirmed earlier that year that he had sought help for his addiction, releasing a statement which read: 'After a non-stop succession of filming, Jonathan Rhys Meyers has entered an alcohol-treatment program.

'He felt a break was needed to maintain his recovery.'In addition, Rhys Meyers was detained by police in June 2009 at the Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris after allegedly assaulting an bar staff employee while drunk.

The actor has previously spoken frankly about his problems coping with alcohol, admitting that 'when I do drink I'm like Bambi. I'm all over the place like a 16-year-old kid.'

Rhys Meyers currently has two projects in the pipeline according to IMDB.com, and has recently finished filming Albert Nobbs alongside Glenn Close and romantic drama Belle du Seigneur with Natalia Vodianova.
He checked into the Capio Nightingale hospital near Harley Street in Central London last month. It treated Amy Winehouse, 25, for crack and heroin addiction.

Meyers’ first visit to rehab was thought to be six years ago.

Speaking about getting treatment, he said: “You really feel like you’re f****** up and you’re useless.”

Friends say he has never recovered from the death of his mum Geri in 2007, aged 50.

Some addicts need 10 or more rehab attempts... I wonder if he still believes they can help him in rehab after it failed the last 3 times...

...genally I`d say: "You can`t keep doing the same and expect a different result." but I guess it`s different with rehab and change in general...

I wish him best. Such a handsome man & great actor.

I suppose going to rehab once a year is better than not trying at all.

Sad news (digitalspy.co.uk:(

Jonathan Rhys Meyers hospitalised in possible suicide bid

Jonathan Rhys Meyers was hospitalised in London this week following an alleged suicide attempt.

Medical workers arrived at the Tudors star's flat near Maida Vale on Tuesday night after receiving an alert call. They apparently found Meyers slumped over on his floor.

Meyers is believed to have vigorously refused treatment from medics for a possible pill overdose for nearly half an hour, forcing the paramedics to call in the police.

The star is reported to have eventually relented to the wishes of authorities and was transported to a nearby hospital for medical observation.

A source told The Sun that those present at the scene believed Meyers had intended to end his life, but the actor later told the newspaper that he had "no comment" on the matter after leaving the medical facility early Wednesday.

A spokesman for Scotland Yard confirmed that law enforcement officers had responded to an incident in the Maida Vale area on Tuesday, saying:

"Officers were called by London Ambulance Service following reports of a man refusing treatment. The man was taken to hospital."

Meyers has had several stints in rehab over the past several years, including a stay in a London clinic earlier this year.

A lawsuit filed against Meyers following an alleged physical altercation with an airline worker was recently withdrawn.

Albert Nobbs, in which Meyers is to star with Mia Wasikowska and Aaron Johnson, is expected to be released later this year.

From People.com...

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Hospitalized After Suicide Attempt: Report

By Tim Nudd and Liz Corcoran

Thursday June 30, 2011 09:00 AM EDT

Jonathan Rhys Meyers was hospitalized in London this week after a possible suicide attempt involving pills, according to a report.

The star of The Tudors, 33, who has battled alcohol addiction over the years, was found slumped on the floor of his home Tuesday night by paramedics answering an emergency call, the Sun reports.

He reputedly refused treatment, so the paramedics called the police, and Meyers was taken to hospital.

A Scotland Yard spokesman tells PEOPLE: "We can confirm we were called by the London Ambulance Service to an address in NW8 to report to a man refusing treatment. Police attended, and the man was taken by ambulance to a central London hospital. That was the end of our involvement."

The actor was reportedly discharged from hospital early Wednesday.

Oh, in the times of muck-racking press it is inevitable to follow him hitting the bottom.

It is such a shame, because he is a very gifted actor. And of course very sensitive.

Very sad. Wish him all the best.

Sad to hear this. Hope he can find hope and help. He is a wonderful actor.

Wow that's so sad, i hope he finds help and gets better, he's ana amazing actor.

that is such a sad news I hope he will get better and have some support
He has so much talent :cry:

such a pity..so young and already so many times hit rock bottom. i wish he pulls himself out this time around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msflair
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->