Julia Roberts

Julia's got a endorsement deal with Gianfranco Ferre

Didn't see this posted anywhere:

Ferre Nabs Julia Roberts for Ad Campaign
Godfrey Deeny Tue Dec 13, 1:07 PM ET

Fashion Wire Daily - Paris - In a major coup for Gianfranco Ferre, the Italian fashion house has confirmed signing Roberts for its next ad campaign.

Matter of fact, Roberts is busy shooting the campaign right now in Los Angeles, with Mario Testino on the other side of the camera.

The deal covers the European Union, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Japan, the Far East and Oceania, but does not include the US.

The news comes in the wake of the recent Hollywood Reporter's classification establishing Roberts as the best-paid actress in movie land, earning $20 million per film.
The campaign marks a major departure for Ferre, who has traditionally used models in his ads.

"I think the time for muses has come and gone. My source of inspiration is modern-day reality, women who live in today's world. Yet there are some who better than others match my own purely personal ideal of femininity. In the now so multifaceted realm of glamour and allure, both as a woman and as a personality Julia Roberts in my eyes reflects a total affinity with this ideal of mine," Ferre explained.

The American star's Ferre ads are for the Spring-Summer 2006 season and will roll out in magazines internationally starting February.
Roberts has never attended a Ferre show, but she personally once did buy a pinstripe suit by the Italian designer in his Beverly Hills boutique.

"What enchants me most are her presence and manner, her way of being energetic and calm at the same time and her naturally aristocratic self-possession," the designer added. "I love her smile: open, direct, inviting and at the same time captivatingly shy. And I adore her vitality, her natural ease, and her free spirit. Everything about her makes her the authentic Ferre woman."

Ferre's view is, of course, very much at odds with opinions allegedly expressed by his fellow Italian designer, Valentino. In September, German weekly Die Zeit reported that Valentino had unfavourably compared contemporary icons like Roberts and Cameron Diaz to glamorous stars of the past.

"Today you see Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz running around looking unkempt in jogging trousers, they look like bag ladies, like homeless people. In the past you never saw that," Die Zeit quoted Valentino as saying.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/fwd/20051213/en_fashion_fwd/ferre_nabs_julia_roberts_for_ad_campaign

Last edited by a moderator:
"Today you see Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz running around looking unkempt in jogging trousers, they look like bag ladies, like homeless people. In the past you never saw that," Die Zeit quoted Valentino as saying.

Oh, whatever.. it´s nobody´s business how they dress, no one would even know if it weren´t for creepy paparazzis.

She is a great actress. I love watching her in movies.

TEDDYANDMOO
2006-1-17juliarobertsgrocery.jpg

2006-1-17juliarobertsgrocery2.jpg

2006-1-17juliarobertsgrocery3.jpg

Julia Roberts leaves the Bernard B. Jacobs Theater in NY, March 30

hollywoodsbest.net

Opening Night Of "Three Days Of Rain" @ B. B. J. Theatre, 04/19/06

hollywoodsbest.net

people.com

JULIA ROBERTS
"She likes to dress like a normal housewife or mother," says pal
and makeup artist Genevieve of the 38-year-old actress. "She
doesn't care at all." But despite Roberts's no-fuss approach to
her appearance, there's no hiding the megawatt grin that made
her America's Sweetheart.
julia_roberts.jpg

peope.com

STAGE BREAK
The day after her Broadway debut, Julia Roberts and
husband Danny Moder return to their New York City
apartment after a walk through Gramercy Park. Her play,
Three Days of Rain, opened Wednesday to decidedly
mixed reviews.
julia_roberts3.jpg

i'm so glad she seems to be finally happy and stable in a relationship.....she seemed to really need that....

christina126 said:
I think she's highly overrated, but thats just imo.

isn't everyone in Hollywood. but that's (i.e. the building up of them) what makes them 'superior' more 'special' than your average citizen.

Julia Roberts exiting matinee performance of "Three Days of Rain", NY, May 26

hollywoodsbest.net

Julia Roberts & Julianna Margulies @ Tony Awards show (june 11, 2006)
hollywoodsbest.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->