The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards

Allison Williams in Giambattista Valli
4QJhRM9.jpg

0Gi5a7H.jpg

zimbio

Kiernan Shipka looks really fantastic... she's consistently one of the best dressed I think.

Agreed, her looks always feel effortless and comfortable, which translates to being really chic and stunning. Also love that she's always so appropriate for her age.

Everyone else, mehhh, whatever, not impressed.

Nobody expected to see the best of runway etc. on Emmys. It was pretty predictable imo

I think Sarah Paulson is probably the best dressed of the evening, followed by Michelle Dockery. The others looks so painstakingly budget.

My Top 5:
Michelle Dockery
Lizzy Caplan
Claire Danes
Michelle Monaghan
Alison Williams

I haven't decided whether I love or hate Sarah Paulson's yet. I think its growing on me.

Julia Louis Dreyfus looks fabulous.

in general I think everyone looks pretty bad with very very few exceptions :ermm:

I remember the days in the early 2000s when the Emmys featured great fashions (girls from Friends, Sex and the City, Debra Messing). Now, even with so many movie stars working in television, the Emmys fashions look so budget. Most of them just go the safest, most predictable route imaginable. The few who try to take a 'risk' go about it in the wrong way and end up looking worse than they would if they played it safe. There were so few truly great looks that it's hard to even come up with a Best Dressed list, but I'll try.

BEST
Taylor Schilling - she didn't go for a 'hip' designer, but is easily the best dressed of the night. Hair and makeup are fantastic too.
Michelle Monaghan - close second best. Chic, sophisticated and tasteful.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus - yeah, playing it safe, but it's flattering and I love the hair/makeup.
Julie Bowen - I wish I loved it more, but this qualifies as a 'best'.
Allison Williams - very her, but I like it.
Kristen Wiig - almost walks the 'bridal' territory, but I like the simple and stripped look. One of her best looks ever (not saying much though).
Natalie Dormer - the color combo is kind of Halloween, but she looks quite chic.
Taissa Farmiga - another case of making it work. She's young and this is a fun little look.
Hayden Pannettiere - it took a pregnancy to get her to look good on a red carpet.

WORST
Lena Dunahm - we get it, you're 'quirky' and "too clever for fashion". It's still no reason to go out looking like an old Easter basket.
Kerry Washington - prime example that hip brand name doesn't always mean a good look. From the color to the design to the embellishments, awful in every way.
Sarah Paulson - I appreciate the risk, but she looks like a shower sponge. Is it just me or is there always something off about her red carpet looks?
Christina Hendricks - poor thing. The wrinkly dress, the overkill with the gold accessories... She could've at least combed her hair.
Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting - she's young and pretty, has so much money, how does she always manage to look so awful on the red carpet?
Katherine Heigl - seriously though, what is this night gown wannabe monstrosity?
Mayim Bialik - a lot of lace died in vain to make this dress.

THE REST
Lizzy Caplan - I'm on the fence about that white train in the back, but from the front, she looked chic.
Claire Danes - I wanted to like it
Michelle Dockery - same here. I like the top part, but the winged skirt loses me.
Julia Roberts - not right for the occasion with a bit of desperate
January Jones - she has a lot of good will from that stunning Versace look a few years back, but I can't love this
Zooey Deschanel - I feel like someone has already worn this dress before, no?
Julianne Hough - and hasn't someone worn this one before too? I'm on the edge on the overall look.
Behati Prinsloo - the dress is just ok, and on most, it probably would've looked awful, but she makes it work.
Lena Headey - she can do better.
Kate Walsh - I always appreciate someone wearing S Rolland, but I feel like she's trying too hard here.
Amanda Peet - the dress is fine, but the HAIR?!?
Anna Chlumsky - something is throwing me off about this look. Hair and makeup maybe?
Lucy Liu - good enough.

No one wowed me this year. Even my "best" were just above "eh."

Best: Michelle Dockery, Lizzy Caplan, Claire Danes, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Sofia Vergara (minus the very top)

Worst: Lots...Laura Prepon, Christina Hendricks, Sarah Paulson, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting

The So-Bad-It-Needs-Its-Own-Category: Lena Dunham. I don't have words.

That Kiernan girl looks so old with that makeup. She's a gorge gurl but the makeup ages her for sure.

I remember the days in the early 2000s when the Emmys featured great fashions (girls from Friends, Sex and the City, Debra Messing). Now, even with so many movie stars working in television, the Emmys fashions look so budget. Most of them just go the safest, most predictable route imaginable. The few who try to take a 'risk' go about it in the wrong way and end up looking worse than they would if they played it safe. There were so few truly great looks that it's hard to even come up with a Best Dressed list, but I'll try.

AGREE. The Emmy's red carpet is just so sh*t. Even January Jones is slipping and she's working with Elizabeth Stewart. I'm glad I didn't stay home to watch this (didn't last year either).

I did liked Kate Walsh, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Angela Basset and Clare Danes looks. Lena might have looks better if she had a different top. I HATE Kate Mara's hair so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->