Julie de Libran Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

There’s a reason why brands uses models instead of real people to model their designs. The sizes and proportions of the models are generally standardized.

Here, everything is wrong because for what it supposed to look like Couture, it looks very frumpy and unflattering.

EVERY LOOK looks unfortunate.
The styling is unfortunate too as a naked sandal would have been more flattering…

Terrible!

i guess our local tailor at the end of the street is also now considered haute couture,
Tbh, I buy fabrics everytime I travel and always get clothes made by my local tailor. They are more flattering and well finished than what I see here.
And I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that De Libran buys her fabrics at GeneralDiff too so, why this result!?

Who is that New York designer? Beteisa? Betevsa? oh.... Batsheva
I am getting that from her now
FFS, she was at Prada, Marc's Vuitton and Sonia Rykiel... this is such a downgrade
She made some beautiful dresses 3 years ago and presented on proper models

EVERY LOOK looks unfortunate.
The styling is unfortunate too as a naked sandal would have been more flattering…

Terrible!
When she first started her own thing, Katie Grand did 2 seasons with her and they had Stella Maxwell and some VS girls. It was very Parisian local but still chic

Looks like she is still presenting her collections at her big house

I honestly think if Natacha Ramsay-Levi is going to do her own thing (one day) with no one backing her, this is what we will get too

There’s a reason why brands uses models instead of real people to model their designs. The sizes and proportions of the models are generally standardized.

Rodarte sometimes presents their lookbook on actresses that are 5 feet (155cm) but their fit is a lot better, it's clearly Julie's and her pattern cutter's problem

Rodarte sometimes presents their lookbook on actresses that are 5 feet (155cm) but their fit is a lot better, it's clearly Julie's and her pattern cutter's problem

But at least at Rodarte, the clothes looks like they were made for them.

Look at Look7! The dress is fighting in the girl’s body!

I have absolutely no idea who this person is and why they’re presenting couture in Paris. What did I miss, what am I looking at? Why does this exist? I do understand why there were no modeling agencies available to pick up the phone for this one, though. Eek.

Girl, 5 years in the game and this is still the best you can do? ☠️☠️☠

If you cannot elevate you design, at least elevate your fabrics development or presentation.

Her couture always has that put together in the kitchen vibe to it.

I have absolutely no idea who this person is and why they’re presenting couture in Paris.

She spent 10 years in Prada and when she left, she was the Design Director there!
She then spent 6 years as Creative Director of Women and Head of the design studio at Louis Vuitton under Marc Jacobs.
She then was the Artistic Director of Sonia Rykiel for 5 years.

What an impressive CV and sadly we have this collection from her in 2024...

Keeping on with the signs:

giphy.webp

giphy.com

"

She destroyed Sonia Rykiel now we know why

And yet she was part of the best years of Prada and some of the best collections at Vuitton. Some of her precollections she did with Peter Copping were better than some runway collections from Marc.
Maybe she needs a frame of work. Some designers are definitely not good on their own.

But it turns out she has some sort of clientele if she is able to to still be around. I’m sure her Couture is accessible anyway.

The thing beyond that is that her offering is not that special.

Look 32 is hilarious, really!

And yet she was part of the best years of Prada and some of the best collections at Vuitton. Some of her precollections she did with Peter Copping were better than some runway collections from Marc.
Maybe she needs a frame of work. Some designers are definitely not good on their own.
Funny you mentioned Peter Copping with his 'good' news today

Girl, what is this?

No offence but you can’t have couture also be an exercise in personal style. Yes there’s a clientele for this, but this looks so everyday that it really makes you question the couture labelling of this. It’s just so day time New York/Charlotte York WASP-esque with really nothing else beyond the surface. What’s the point?

There’s nothing here that can be saved. She might have interesting perspectives and point of views when working within or for the parameters of others but when it concerns a brand that is her own, it doesn’t translate.

Absolutely. Many in the industry that have been privileged with being blessed with the most prestigious and exclusive insider roles show their true cheap and common selves when left to their own devices: Edward Enninful and Virginie Viard come to mind...

Hers is for the women so bored of the finest and most exclusive of privileges in high fashion, that they instead yearn to dress and look like a beaten, worn and overworked minimum-wager from Minnesota, scouring The Salvation Army for raggedy 90s St. John’s/Escada/Ellen Tracy, and further tackifying by customizing these ill-fitting hand-me-downs with feathers/sequins/trinkets trimmings. And they’re willing to pay Couture pricepoints for such mundaneness.

That she’s convinced even a clientele to believe that this is Haute Couture is almost an admirable swindle worthy of respect. What a hustle... I'll give her that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eyl278
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->