June/July Sales 2005

I checked out Prada (the 5th ave store) and the sale is on! 30-50% off select items, although I couldn't find much for 50% off. I saw one of the robot tricks on sale. Not much left, as the Prada fans surely snapped up the good stuff early on, plus the 5th ave store is a tourist trap (was pressed for time and I can't bear to walk around the city when it's this hot).
I did manage a sneak peak into Barneys and they had a few select Prada bags (mainly nylons) for men on discount. 1 of each though. I spotted a nice blue nylon messenger with brown leather trim (which oddly was just on display at the 5av store) and a few others.

Bottega Veneta has 30% off (if my math is correct) select bags and then even some clothing upstairs. Oddly enough, I liked some of their clothing (bags goes without saying).

Where I was today:

Comme des Garcons boutique - 40% off
Jeffrey - 30% off (AlexN, fantastic Dior Homme boots alert)
Yohji Yamamoto - 40% off (Softie, that Y's cardigan is waiting for you)
IF boutique - 30% off (excluding Carpe Diem, of course)
Helmut Lang - 30% off main line, 50% off denim, 65% off past collections.

faust said:
Sounds tempting :doh: but I have to resist. Thanks for the info.

anyone have a rough idea when do botiques like prada and mcqueen as well as department stores like selfridges and harvey nick holds there sales??? Thanks very much!!!!

Luisaviaroma has 50% off on spring/summer collections!

Alex, are you gonna get that Rick Owens jacket now that it's on sale, or are you done shopping for the year? :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Jesus...you shouldn't have told me. I don't see how I could possibly afford it right now since I bought that Junya jacket, but you never know... :innocent:

edit: I think I might try to get my family to pile money together for my Christmas present or something. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
dammit, that rick owens jacket's got my name on it. but i will resist :lol:

^I emailed them to send me exact measurements.

AlexN said:
^I emailed them to send me exact measurements.

I wouldn't be surprised if you can pull of a Medium, now that I've seen your height/weigh in the Dior thread.

faust said:
Where I was today:

Comme des Garcons boutique - 40% off
Yohji Yamamoto - 40% off (Softie, that Y's cardigan is waiting for you)
IF boutique - 30% off (excluding Carpe Diem, of course)
Helmut Lang - 30% off main line, 50% off denim, 65% off past collections.
i know you boys don' seem to care about us girls... :angry:
but by any chance..
faust..
while you were at cdg...
did you notice if they had any comme des garcons comme des garcons still there?...

softgrey said:
i know you boys don' seem to care about us girls... :angry:
but by any chance..
faust..
while you were at cdg...
did you notice if they had any comme des garcons comme des garcons still there?...

I care! Didn't I post in the message you responded to that the Y's cardi is waiting for you?! :P And you know, I ALWAYS look at girls stuff ^_^. Unfortunately, that is one section of the CDG boutique I didn't check out :shock:. You know how it's tucked away behind the entrance tube. But from the distance it looked like they had a fair amount left. I did go over the Junya women's thoroughly :D G-d, he's such a master :shock:.

Hi, does anyone know when will there be a Hermes sale? Is it private by invitation only? Thanks !

ive never bought anything from luisaviaroma before, and am trying to finish a purchase...but there seems to be some problem from the the site? anyone experiencing this?

faust said:
I wouldn't be surprised if you can pull of a Medium, now that I've seen your height/weigh in the Dior thread.
I got the measurements. They seem quite normal to me for the size. :unsure:

I ordered from them and never had a problem. What sort of issues are you having? You could email Ilaria about it, she is very helpful, and fast with the response...

Hey! for all the londoners out there....
Sales starts:
Selfridges: June 23
Liberty: June 30
Harrods: June 27

I reckon its best to go towards the end coz a lot are in 70% off specially Harvey Nichols.:flower: :flower: :flower:

AlexN said:
I got the measurements. They seem quite normal to me for the size. :unsure:

:huh: Unpossible! I tried it on myself. I think you'll be fine in a medium.

what were the measurements on that owens jacket? too bad its STILL $$$$$$$$$$$$

From Luisa herself...

The measurements of the Rick Owens jacket in size Medium are:

chest: 52 cm (20.5 in)
sleeve: 75 cm (29.5 in)
shoulders:44 cm (17.3 in)
height: 59 cm (23.2 in)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member