Sample Sales

dammit forgot all about the sample sales 2 weeks ago in Antwerp :cry:
where can you find this info online?

^ Reiss needs to have sample sales, thier sh*t is so overpriced. And they're everywhere, like Benetton.

Diorling said:
^ Reiss needs to have sample sales, thier sh*t is so overpriced. And they're everywhere, like Benetton.

Do you like Reiss? It strikes me as very Kenneth Cole. Some things are cute, but there's always something... off.

baklanyc said:
Do you like Reiss? It strikes me as very Kenneth Cole. Some things are cute, but there's always something... off.
Not at all. They have *some* cute things but most are overpriced and underdesigned. The stores are also very dated.

Very Kenneth Cole, Donna Karan, Calvin Klein. You know? Common department store goods.

Diorling said:
Not at all. They have *some* cute things but most are overpriced and underdesigned. The stores are also very dated.

Very Kenneth Cole, Donna Karan, Calvin Klein. You know? Common department store goods.

With the exception for Calvin Klein, those two along with John Varvatos are my "Will Not Buy" list... even if they have cute stuff. It's an anti-branding thing - I don't like their brand positioning and I can not have their brands in my wardrobe.

Ralph Lauren is going on sale this Thursday, the 16th. 40% off current season and 30% off classics (like polo shirts and chinos). Im going today to see what I want.

Bakla, I own all of those labels. But I find most Calvin Klein to be very...watered down Dior Homme, though every once-in-a-while there is something that is positively gorgeous. I dont like Varvatos at all, I find him to be...Too...Can't explain it, it's placed where it's not very refined, nor very edgy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diorling said:
Bakla, I own all of those labels. But I find most Calvin Klein to be very...watered down Dior Homme, though every once-in-a-while there is something that is positively gorgeous. I dont like Varvatos at all, I find him to be...Too...Can't explain it, it's placed where it's not very refined, nor very edgy.
Varvatos to me is the Joseph Abboud of the aughts, although I have to say he's getting better. My annoyance with Kenneth Cole probably stems from his Reaction line, which I feel watered down his branding a lot, and DK's own personal life infected how I see her line. It's personal biases that I wish I didn't have, because sometimes they have some stuff that I really want!

I'm weird that way.

MJ, I went to the Ralph on W.Broadway & Broome, I was really LOOKING for stuff to buy there was nothing I was in love with. I used to love Ralph but Ive definately grown out of him.

I loved this velvet blazer w/ frogs, so gorg, but, it was VENTLESS, I was like "What am I going to do with this!?". Also the SAs were sooo frickin rude, he was like irritated to pull me a 1k blazer. By the way, I loved this trench but it was WHITE, what am I going to do with that!? A WHITE trench.

Oh well...Barneys is coming up, *licks chops*

^yeah, for the most part I am not a fan of Ralph anymore either, but for the odd peice it is always worth checking out (especially on sale, I don't think I would really pay full price for his stuff anymore). Yes Barney's is comming up, and I am equally as excited. I already have a few coats my sales guy is going to pull for me on Tuesday. :buzz:

^ Dirty wh*re!

I want that Dior Homme trench, and possibly some other odds and ends...AKA BALENCIAGA...I need some Balenciaga Homme by the end of November

^I was at Barney's today and the Balenciaga is really, really picked over. The rack was jam packed at the begining of the season and it felt like half empty (not something I can say for Dior, Marni, Raf or any other line on that floor).

^ Well, they bought the most generic sh*t from Balecnaiga, a horizontal striped tee? WOW, how forward. It made Balenciaga seem so generic and nothing like what it truly is. I recall a tweed puffer which was nightmaric.

Everytime I pop by thier is something new at Dior Homme, that crap isn't going anywhere...

I went to Reiss today and fell in love w/ this topcoat, though the $500 pricetag isn't worth the cheap materials, it isn't even wool!

I need that DH trench at Barneys, Im going tomorrow. I WILL HAVE IT.

Nymf,

I just read your post conerning the Antwerp sample sales.

I have been there and it was fashion walhalla, more than six or seven sample sales going on at the same time: Ann Demeulemeester, Veronique Branquinho, Dirk Bikkembergs, Christian Wijnants, Stephan Schneider and Les Hommes as well I suppose.

But your question was how to figure out when these sample sales are being held:

They are being held at the end of april and the beginning of november (so twice a year). Around that period you should go to the website of the flanders fashion institute (www.ffi.be) and there you can find the names of designers whome are having a sample sales going on and when these sales will take place.

It is really worth it, can not say anything else about it. When you are speaking Dutch it is for me even easier to explain everything to you:smile:

Kind regards,

Divo

baklanyc said:

Reiss just opened a shop in San Francisco, and after trying a few items I must agree that something is off about that store. It's like a shop full of unrealized potential.

Divo said:
Nymf,

I just read your post conerning the Antwerp sample sales.

I have been there and it was fashion walhalla, more than six or seven sample sales going on at the same time: Ann Demeulemeester, Veronique Branquinho, Dirk Bikkembergs, Christian Wijnants, Stephan Schneider and Les Hommes as well I suppose.

But your question was how to figure out when these sample sales are being held:

They are being held at the end of april and the beginning of november (so twice a year). Around that period you should go to the website of the flanders fashion institute (www.ffi.be) and there you can find the names of designers whome are having a sample sales going on and when these sales will take place.

It is really worth it, can not say anything else about it. When you are speaking Dutch it is for me even easier to explain everything to you:smile:

Kind regards,

Divo

Hey Divo

I come across some websites in duch to.. but what a pity i happended to know it too l8.

how was the price?

Diorling said:
I went to Reiss today and fell in love w/ this topcoat, though the $500 pricetag isn't worth the cheap materials, it isn't even wool!

I need that DH trench at Barneys, Im going tomorrow. I WILL HAVE IT.

I thought you hated Dior Homme?

for those who are in Japan
some cashmere sweaters from cruciani 50 % off at arthur right now

06qb-11-2-11.jpg

06qb-11-2-13.jpg

arthur.gr.jp

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member