Junya Watanabe F/W 10.11 Paris

first, this collection could not have hit the military dressing more on its head if it tried. the problem, of course, remains that the ship for military dressing seems to have sailed. yes, we have plenty of houses -- of which i count junya watanabe -- playing catch up in the name of capitalizing off that trend, but it does not represent the most innovative stuff we've seen from junya watanabe. further, it's interesting to watch people giggle and appreciate this outlandish hairstyle while they posted tirades over similar outlandishness when louis vuitton presented it. let's be clear: this look still has a lot of potency and i'm not naive, our economy is in such a state that those investing in the military look will STILL be wearing it in fall/winter for the most part, it's just interesting that someone who has done military so well in times past didn't catch on sooner.

the world is round and that sail will keep on coming. junya does not play catch-up, he is the one to beat...he is an innovator, dwells on his themes and is a artisan at patternmaking applying past references of his own.

i feel like junya went into this pattern archives, took 8 patterns from each past season, and chose some crazy fabrics to make it look as is he did something new.

the fact is, most of the buyers will be buying this collection in black, and when they see the garment in black, they will realize that junya looooooovvvveees to repeat.

in this economy, and at junya's prices (although those jersey dresses are at great prices), i dont think that the buyers will be buying this collection because they know they have the same pieces in their sale wear-houses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->