Reaction score
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

catwalking

Very good collection! The shoes are great, like a mixture of trainer and dress shoe, and I love when they are mixed with the suits. The green and bright blue coats are really eye-catching, the most memorable pieces in this collection IMO.

I usually LOVE Junya Watanabe...I have tons of pieces from his Fall/Winter 2004 collection (still my favorite to date)...but this collection is utterly BORING.

As far as the pieces, and the sizes (a bit shrunken and small)...save yourself a thousand dollars by visiting your local Banana Republic/Gap....but a few wool piecs such as a sportcoat....throw them in the washer/dryer to make them shrink, and VOILA'...instant Watanabe.

Total letdown of a show...I was anticiapting someting MUCH better. :(

"do you know what i keep in the lining?"

it's clear to me that this recession has sobered up some of paris' most heady and conceptual designers into putting forth something REAL. this collection -- much like the last three or four -- really should appeal to buyers directly who have a customer base of fashion boys -- not to mention stylists of hollywood types -- who really and truly already dress this way. it's a higher quality, edgier version of basics that almost any man can wear. we haven't seen junya act out imho since that military collection some years ago so i'm hoping this is the new normal, but i must say that you can see the designer peeking out with details like that camo lining.

Some pieces I like, some I don't. But I expected this collection to be utterly amazing.

I like it.

The bottom line is that it will sell well so it doesn't really matter if it's not that innovative or whatever.

his Barbour approach of the world is growing on me.
and this one is particular refined.

very a sunday on paris streets.

i do, though, agree about the narrow silhouette.
everything looks like a M is a S.
but that's some sort of japanese sizing on a european guy ?

i think jw menswear became boring. unless few things it is all the same as the last collections.
when looking at his womenswear and menswear beginning of 2000 it tells me, he could do much more. is he tired of designing menswear? i do not understand ... r.kawakubo shows every season how magical and subtle menswear can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->