Karen Walker S/S 07 NYC

Baizilla

follow the lights
Reaction score
From Style.com

NEW YORK, September 9, 2006 – After eight seasons in London, well-traveled New Zealander Karen Walker is ready for new frontiers. The UK capital's loss was New York's gain as she showed a spring collection that was long on the skewed charm that's her signature. She claimed inspiration from Land Girls (the women who worked the farms in England while their menfolk were away at the front during World War II) and there were discernible echoes of the forties in the floral prints, puff sleeves and baggy pants. But Walker's real focus, as always, was on the hybrid of female and male. It's that fashion cliché about the woman who slips into her boyfriend's clothes in the morning, except in Walker's capable hands, it feels fresh and slightly subversive.

In this collection, for instance, floral bloomers were worn with a pinstriped waistcoat, an organza dress was topped by a net T-shirt, and neon nylon parkas added a mod boy element. The look is sexy with a coolly ambiguous twist, and it's easy to see why Walker has galvanized a stellar clientele of young Hollywoodites. If the show occasionally played like Karen's Greatest Bits for people who know about her, it was a smart way to introduce her work to those who don't.

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00100m.jpg
00120m.jpg

00130m.jpg
00150m.jpg

00170m.jpg
00190m.jpg

I like it! Thanks for posting! :smile: Some of the outfits remind me of Marc Jacobs.

thanks for posting! Really like some of this:D but probably as it is very Marc Jacobs - as Karen Walker's garments always are!

Yay, I've been looking forward to this.
I like. Though I'm a bit disappointed. But I'm really not sure what it is about the collection that bothers me... :unsure: I have a feeling the collection will grow on me though ^_^ :heart:

Thanks for the thread. :flower:

I really like the oversize high-waisted trousers.

definetely something I'm looking forward to

ehh this is not her strongest collection in my opinion. It's quite bland really. Not very distinctive nor that fresh. I like the ideas behind it and it might just be the styling but I wish it was better.

it's okay.... nothing that special, but better than most of the crap that's been shown in new york - i'd give it a C+

I've always had a weak spot for her, probably because her clothes are pretty cool for everyday wear; she has cool pieces that are easy to incorporate into your wardrobe :heart:

it feels like she's trying to channel Luella Bartley.. in vain.

now i think i made the right decision going to Jenni Kayne instead...:P

I like her pieces individually. I dont like all of the outfits but definitely them as seperates I like a LOT.

I'd give it a B- or a B. In a season dominated by neutrals and metallics, Karen Walker's girl is colourful, inventive, and fun. It's refreshing. Realistic. If I see a girl wearing this stuff on the street, like I'd totally go smoke pot with her, dudes. :innocent: :lol:

Well compared to the other collections so far, this is gold. It's at least worth looking at, in my opinion.

her clothes are realistic and flavorful - which i appreciate. so often designers create outfits no one would ever wear head to toe. which reminds me i need to bust out some good flourescent pieces for the approaching dreary season...

kind of looks like a mix of luella and jessica ogden.
the pairing, with the exception of maybe the first two outfits and some others, is horrible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->