Karl insults Princess Diana

Anastasia said:
Waiting with the two of you. I liked Diana a great deal and was deeply saddened by her death. I think Charles was a dishonest, cowardly prick in the way he handled his marriage to her, and I really don't like Camilla. But I'm often baffled by this cult of idol worship that has sprung up around Diana since her death. What's most confusing is that it's often among people who aren't even old enough to really remember her when she was alive (not speaking about any one here, since I don't know how old you all are, just what I've experienced in RL). She was a good woman, a human woman, a flawed woman who was screwed over in many ways by the royal family but who got many of her own digs in too. She deserves respect for her good deeds during life, and the benefit of the doubt in death, but I can't stand the concept of not speaking ill of the dead. Why should the living have to tiptoe around never saying anything remotely antagonistic just because the person is dead? Karl is an ***, he says a lot of assy things about living people. He'd be a hypocrite as well to bite his tongue about the dead just because they're dead.

I just thought of a quote from actress Bette Davies who had a long running fued with actress Joan Crawford.

When Joan died, Bette said:

'I've always been told to only speak good of the dead. Joan Crawford is dead. Good' :wink:

But in regards to slandering the dead: I just think of that phrase: if you've got nothing nice to say..... At the end of the day Diana still has family around and she wasn't a wicked woman. Maybe it's true - she never wore his stuff! I think he did it for attention.

P.S
[Charles as an individual does good things, but is stuffy and is a coward and Camilla...? couldn't give two poos about if truth be told, I just resent my tax money going towards her new frocks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
what a freak.. does he realise how stupid he sounded...!?

^ exactly... I'm not Diana's biggest fan, but what he said sounds so stupid. He should just shut up most of the time...

What do they say?

Chut up and be pretty :sick: ... or not

Maybe in his next interview he'll mention that Mother Theresa had an awful sense of style and aged poorly. :rolleyes:

its a typical karl comment- its a change from the reverence that women usually receives- yeh karl!

CelineChic said:
Maybe in his next interview he'll mention that Mother Theresa had an awful sense of style and aged poorly. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

I don't think that Diana was any Mother Theresa, but I did nearly fall off my chair laughing when I read your comment. :flower:

You will be invited to the cocktail party with Karl and Lou. :wink:

roppal222 said:
I think Diana was unique in the context of the Royal Family. Little things like not being afriad to touch someone with AIDS, not wearing gloves to shake people's hands and generally not being a stuffy old bint, is what made her special

I do however get your point with the last sentence.

Death does great things for people's careers. The likes of Marilyn Monroe, Elvis and John Lennon to name a few were good before death but became elevated to ridiculous god-like proportions, in my opinion, after they died.

*also steps back to await flaming*

She was huge *before* she died--the biggest thing in royalty since forever. She also knew her marriage was doomed beforehand, but got married anyway because, as her sister said, her face was already on the tea towels. She was a compassionate person who deserves our compassion ... a quality Karl seems to lack entirely.

fashionista-ta said:
She was huge *before* she died--the biggest thing in royalty since forever. She also knew her marriage was doomed beforehand, but got married anyway because, as her sister said, her face was already on the tea towels. She was a compassionate person who deserves our compassion ... a quality Karl seems to lack entirely.

That wasn't entirely my point - I agree undoubtedly Diana was a popular famous figure in life who had good qualities and I've already expressed my like for her.

My point was following death, society makes 'gods' out of people and idolises them beyond a point. That I don't understand. :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I'm going off on a tangent really. :D

Relating this to Karl, I don't agree with what he's said - I think he's a twat and so full of crap he needs colonic irrigation.:sick:

tangerine said:
I don't think that Diana was any Mother Theresa

hehehehe, I know. But one could argue that Diana was as, if not more, admired than Mother Theresa.

Karl obviously doesn't think before he speaks. Or else he wouldn't be making rude comments about admired people who have passed away.

I wouldn't be surprised if he spoke badly about his own mother after her death. He's such a weirdo sometimes.

My point was following death, society makes 'gods' out of people and idolises them beyond a point. That I don't understand.
shock.gif

I understand what you mean. Sometimes a person who might not be famous in life, is glorified in death and people forget all the flaws and mistakes they had.

I'm certainly no Diana fan, but that comment was inappropriate, cheap and thoughtless. I think Diana did far more for the disenfranchised and marginalised people of this world than Karl has ever done and she should be respected for that, no matter what her personality and intelligence.

I liked Diana, I think she was a good but naive person who made mistakes, as we all do, but eventually tried to use her fame to make something useful. And while I initially disliked Charles and Camilla, well, his children like her and they all seem happy and out of the tabloids, so that's it for me.

As for Karl, he just seems to be getting weirder by the day.:blink: I don't get surprised by anything he does, but then again I don't really take him seriously anymore.

MaggieTheCat said:
I liked Diana, I think she was a good but naive person who made mistakes, as we all do, but eventually tried to use her fame to make something useful. And while I initially disliked Charles and Camilla, well, his children like her and they all seem happy and out of the tabloids, so that's it for me.

As for Karl, he just seems to be getting weirder by the day.:blink: I don't get surprised by anything he does, but then again I don't really take him seriously anymore.

Exactly. Noone is perfect, and she certainly knew she wasn't. I think alot of people will have lost all respect for him now.

stick to designing rather than making negative comments of that nature.

i have to agree with those that say while diana was a very caring and generous woman who used her fame to shine light on those people in society who arent as well off..she did have flaws and was not the godly person she has been elevated to after her death..and while karl can be a real d*psh*t sometimes and say unappropriate things..i have to applaud him for at least being honest about the way he feels.. Seriously, a day before dianas death the tabloids were all slagging her off for her affairs etc..and when they found out she was dead they literally had to change the covers and suddenly she became a saint. I have to agree with Karl, she was a lovely woman, but she was stupid sometimes!

I think what Karl is trying to say is: Sure Diana was pretty, nice, did great things etc etc.... but she wasn't smart.
Completely awful thing to say, but he isn't afraid to insult anyone - even the deceased it seems.

what a loser!! Since when is being the life of the party the equivalent of not being stupid?? Karl sure has a keen sense of rationalization..

Lena said:
look who's talking..
karl is so uber pathetic, i bet Diana was not his client..

such bad bad taste and no manners to b*tch on a dead (murdered) person
will always admire and i miss her spirit, vivre Diana :heart:
Maybe Karl was jealous that she wore lots of Versace?

Normally I try to defend Karl, but he's on his own. I don't really care either way, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->