Karl Lagerfeld - Photographer

Playboy Russia Jan 2008 and France October 2007 Vahina Giocante by Karl Lagerfeld

from Vahina Giocante's thread at tfs

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow ... these immediately reminded me of Impressionist paintings ... something about the arrangement and cropiing of the figures ... and the luminous light. I wonder if this is what inspired him for this shoot?

For example ... Auguste Renoir paintings:

Reproduction-oilpaintings-Pierre-Auguste-Renoir09.jpg

Reproduction-oilpaintings-Pierre-Auguste-Renoir21.jpg

Reproduction-oilpaintings-Pierre-Auguste-Renoir59.jpg

artinternationalwholesale.com

Or some of Edgar Degas' ballerina paintings:

L-15-1576-ballerina_in_red-Z00DDMM4.jpg

L-20-2049-ecole_de_danse-Z00D4NGE.jpg

art.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ That's a great call, Bette!! Karl uses so many wonderful things from the past in his work... ^_^

Dior Homme FW2008

Dior.com

Eva Herzigova by Karl Lagerfeld for Dom Perignon 2008
from spletnik.ru

^^ Thank you! Wonderful! Sebastien really does have a whole new career going! B)

Am I the only one that thinks she shouldn't give up is day job?

Most of his pictures are completely lifeless. I like the royalty ed though.

I adore him as a photographer! I have no idea why everybody hates his photography! He is amazing and he took thousands of memorable images...all his Chanel campaigns are fantastic, also all the other adverts he photographs! He is one of the best fashion photographers! He is inspired by many things, you can see it in his work...the only thing i do not like about Karl is his designs...to me his clothes are not good...maybe cause I am not a girl and Chanel looks horrible in general, but I never liked his designes, it looks as if he puts together a collection for about 5 minutes! Especially his work from the early 90s, everything was...well...I do not want to say anything bad about him,cause I like him too much, but I never liked his clothes! And the accessories that go with them are often funny and ugly. So i think he should only be a photographer!!!
I have tons of his work and it looks amazing! I can scan and share some with you if you are interested!
And his catalogs for Chanel with Karen Elson are a piece of ART!!! Incredible photos!

^^ I totally agree with you!! There seems to be a new fashion of Karl Bashing going around these days... :(

Please scan what you will- love to see the pictures!! B)

Thank you!

^^ I totally agree with you!! There seems to be a new fashion of Karl Bashing going around these days... :(

Please scan what you will- love to see the pictures!! B)

Thank you! I have sold a lot of the clippings to a person, who collects all his work, but I still have a lot and of course all the pictures and adverts with the models I collect, so pretty much is to be shown. I will do my best and try to scan something as soon as possible!
He often shoots for many famous fashion magazines, i have no idea how he manages to do all this and keep going! Karl is amazing!!!!

I saw a couple of his books. Some of them are interesting, like the Oscar Wilde inspired book.

But another is just three volumes of model Brad Kroenig. Pages and pages of Brad.

Talk about loyalty :lol: :innocent:

V # 56
21st century Raquel

Raquel Zimmermnn by Karl Lagerfeld
Styling Charlotte Stockdale

Vdigital via me

Has anyone an editorial from Harper's Bazaar US September 05 with Marina Perez?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onetwo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->