Khaite S/S 2024 New York

I've really been enjoying Khaite's output as of late, especially since the pandemic. It's like Pheobe Philo × Hedi Slimane in the best way possible. I'd like to see her take over Saint Laurent after Vaccarello.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite good…
It was a strong collection. The set was great, the casting was great and the message was clear.
It reminded me a bit of the Lanvin by Alber…Spring 2015 comes to my mind. That mix of hard in terms of silhouettes but soft thanks to the purity of the color palette.

The difference was that the genius of Alber was his balance in the cut, particularly in the tailoring.

I love the dresses and tops with balloon sleeves and a lot of separates but the coats and jackets were just too agressive, too structured with the shoulders that looks like they still had hangers on them.

‘Nevertheless, quite good.

This is stunning actually. And YES there is something very Elbaz/Lanvin about it. It's that cinematic starkness. The fabrics really are the star of the show. Best thing in NYFW so far.

I don't understand why their runway show is always so dark and filmed poorly. The whole thing just looks spooky and cheap.

Huh, I can't tell if some of these are men or women. Is dingy and darkness part of their identity? They are not helping sell the clothes.

Lots of repeats and random stuff. I dont understand a single button coat - I dont know why Im seeing more than one coat for Spring. Where am I going that the coat either needs to be fully closed or fully open. Lots of repeats.

I like the volume and shapes. A lot of it is so inperceptibly different from other looks it may as well be the same. The baloon sleeve looks are the highlight. some random 80s power dressing thrown in there and some Jones New York realness with that criss cross gauzey looking top. The multitude of ruched pieces are prob the lowlight.

its pretty good for NYFW.

Very Alber-esque in many ways, shame they don't have the light touch he had.

Even when I do like some things - particularly the fabrics here - they always manage to make the garments look so stiff and square. They're the kind of clothes that look great on a hanger, shop window or mannequin but not so great on the body. A visual merchandisers dream I suppose because it's minimal pressing/steaming and what you see is what you get so you don't really have to do much with it.

Still decent for NYFW. And would rather this than Proenza or Gabriela Hearst.

I didn't know they have it in them to show like this. Quite enjoying it actually. A departure from typical NY shows. The clothes themselves are very Lanvin by Alber. I don't think it's a bad thing perse. Definitely love the luxe fabric selection.

To me this looked like a dark version of Alber Elbaz’s Lanvin but I sort of liked it.

my favorite looks:

00022-khaite-spring-2024-ready-to-wear-credit-brand.jpg
00004-khaite-spring-2024-ready-to-wear-credit-brand.jpg
00013-khaite-spring-2024-ready-to-wear-credit-brand.jpg

Some looks are incredible and remind me of Alber Elbaz's Lanvin in its fluidity, needs a little more variety on the other hand...

Solid offering. Truth is— had this sort of sensible, accessible and separate-savy staples been shown a decade ago, no one would be noticing it, let alone praising it (...much like Anthony’s YSL). Because, that was the typical standard back then. It’s what a high-end department’s housebrand would churn out taking its cues from 2010 Lanvin/Prada/Marc/No 21 etc etc. Of course in these dire times, especially NYFW with its crop of motley amateurs sloppily hot-glueing and stapling rags together on a Skid Row cast to troll fashion, this is a clear standout. Just wished they didn’t cheap out and did the huge shoulders: Still the dumbest looking trend that even the commoners have moved on from, yet high fashion is still stubbornly clinging on to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BazzAstrall1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->