Knee/Thigh High Socks

i was wondering if anyone had actually seen people wearing them without tights underneath lately since it is pretty cold now O.o

I still really like them. I think I'm going to knit myself a pair or more in some lovely rich, vibrant colours. My problem though is that they always fall down! I like the over the knee ones, as my knees are not hugely attractive, but whenever I walk, they fall down to below my knees!
Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

I have a purple over the knee pair that I plan on wearing over black tights with grey scrunched boots.

I went to the mall earlier this week, and at nine west they had a pair of knee highs that had a band across the top, much like the prada ones right now, but with a foot. They were on sale for $4. They're not on the website, so maybe only in stores...if some of you want to look for them.

i have a pair that i bought from paris when i was 16 and paid a lot for. but now 10 yrs later i tried to wear them and thought that maybe i shouldn t since am not that tall.
so am not so sure now!!!!!:blush:^_^

e-v-elina, Try scouring e-bay..there are also some good knock-offs out there.
I also believe that the next best thing to this is to buy a pair of wolford stockings and cut off the top part so that it becomes a pair of thigh-high socks that you can scrunch, but I never tried this personally.

There's a thread devoted to this where you can read all about these socks :wink:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f57/prada-stockings-41703.html

One of my first "fashion-y" outfits as a kid involved over-the-knee socks, an a-line button through mini and a fitted t...and clogs! I kinda wouldn't mind having that outfit now...possibly sans clogs. I would love to start wearing long socks again, many years later, but I think my legs are too thick and the less attention drawn to them the better. So sad.

Ok so my legs are fat but they arent twigs either .. my knees are the main problem .. recon i could pull off over the knee slouchy socks ?? they would cover the main probelm my knees.. or do you think you have to have perfect pins for this look ??:flower:

I adore knee high socks. I'm wearing grey ones up to around my thigh, like the ones just posted on Monday night. I think they were from Oasis last summer.

i simply try to ignore this trend
i have long and skinny legs but my knees are a bit...weird...i dont pull them off

I love tights! I think they are so sexy! However, I don't exactly have the particular items in order to wear them... I'm very tight with my money... are there any suggestions on how to incorporate them into my wardrobe without having to purchase a whole other wardrobe in order to accomodate them?

i bought these from baum und pferdgarten today, it is 100% silk and the colors i so beautiful!

S5002767.jpg

my own picture og picture from baumundpferdgarten.dk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->