Kylie Jenner Launches Clothing Line…

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Kylie’s new clothing line is called Khy, you can view a preview on Instagram/khy.

IMG_1552.jpeg
screenshot of post from @khy on instagram

this explains why her stylist team and PR gave her a makeover and all those front row Fashion Week invites for the last year

they can carpet-bomb Vogue and every surviving fashion-mag website and instagram account out there with constant puff pieces about how "chic" and "fashion-forward" she or that family are now but she (and they) will never be anything but tacky.

Also no amount of The Row, Bottega, Loewe or any avant-garde designer or vintage outfits (all very obviously the work of a stylist team working hard to repackage her/them) can cover up the perpetual air of attention-wh*ring, and no matter what bs Anna Wintour has put out when it comes to these people, they are not stylish and never will be, desperation for approval has that effect.
That goes double for this....project, and I judge anyone who indulges it and also the writers who'll put out the inevitable puff pieces.

The Ks are Kancelled. This will flop spectakularly.

That coat gives PU from China energy. Havent seen trash that trashy in a while.

Last edited:
The Ks are Kancelled. This will flop spectakularly.

the fashion industry doesnt play. You cant build a career in fashion off styling. Ask Rihanna and her shut down line.
not at a high fashion price point, you can't. Budget/'accessible' price points, sure. That's the lowest common denominator audience that celebs like these get attention from anyway.

Rihanna had genuine personal style and wasn't just cramming herself into the trends of the moment with everything being masterminded by a stylist. But that doesn't translate to being able to design clothes that people want to wear.

Rihanna doesnt have personal style as evidenced by her current era. I forgot her stylists name but I know she left Rihannas team.

To be fair Kris Jenner has exquisite impeccable taste. Its easy to see why Karl liked her.

Kylie was briefly the moment for like 2 years. But that has long sonce past and she dresses like an idiot now a days.

I assume Rihanna's style curently has more to to with pregnancy/maternity dressing, a lot of women struggle with that. But she still seems more at home in her clothes - good and bad - than any of these people have ever been.

Like I said, there's a perpetual air of being desperate for attention and validation about them that, no matter what they wear (and no matter how rare or hyped or vintage) will never translate to anything but 'I wear this for the pics because someone told me to'. That kind of insecurity is simply not stylish and never will be, and I refuse to be gaslighted by fashion media or social media on this subject.

and Karl liked his obvious and tacky American celebs sometimes, remember Blake Lively? Even Chanel employees were bitching about how she looked too off-brand to model for them back in 2011.

Is that coat made out of faux leather? It looks off. The construction of it is also overly complicated. As a teaser, they could have chosen something more original.

Is that coat made out of faux leather? It looks off. The construction of it is also overly complicated. As a teaser, they could have chosen something more original.
It looks mycelium leather to me, Balenciaga had an exclusive on the fabric but I assume it’s over now.
The only launch I care now is Phoebe Philo

Her swimwear brand called "Kylie Swim" is notoriously known to this day, for its decrepit quality. The finishing and material were so poor that it went viral on TikTok. I wouldn't be surprised if this shared the same fate.
I remember that. Apparently when worn in water, the fabric on the crotch went become transparent before dissolving because of the chlorine. Even worse is that she sold children's sizes too...

On the surface, it doesn't seem that appealing, but given the success of Skims, Kylie Cosmetics, Good American, and 818, I'm not sure I'd bet against this family's business ventures. The price point is much lower than I expected. Probably a smart move.

This has the support of Jens and Emma Grede, also helped with SKIMS and Good American. The first "drop" is also done collaboratively with Namilia.

It's already so passé in look, but this is being marketed as a more upscale fast fashion brand. We all know it's just a cash grab and Kardashian business as per usual, there's no other way to see it. A shame that this is what garners traction, but oh well. Tis the way the water flows these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BazzAstrall1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->