The “Skate of mind” font reminds me of Pet Shop Boys “Fundamental” album font..

Three awful covers and the one with Paloma's brother is the worst! And a story about skating for L'Uomo? Who even is the L'Uomo reader?

Tony Hawk? Did I wake up in 1998. And Paloma brother/Binx's boyfriend? Is he a professional skateboarder or a model with the right connections that happens to skateboard? Whatever the case, they should've kept this.

The styling on Mica is so misplaced because it's half-baked. That's not her. And anyway what sort of a chance did she had when her man's hair and makeup (and bone structure) is x10 better than hers. If they wanted a coquettish VS model, why not just get them. Go all-out glam like HB Argentina did or don't do it at all.

Glad they released all 5 covers within hours. There would be no need to hype up the reveal when it's this underwhelming.

The cover with Mika and Parker is the only one that works.

Three awful covers and the one with Paloma's brother is the worst! And a story about skating for L'Uomo? Who even is the L'Uomo reader?

That would be someone like me.

Grew up with skateboarders/skateboarding and L'UOMO during my teendom and well into my 20s. Except for the child (come on— stop casting children for the covers of a men’s fashion rag), the cover subjects are solid. Unfortunately, awful “creative direction”, photography and styling will inevitably drag everything down to the bottom-of-the-barrel blandness, which seems to be always the case these dire days.

Had this been back in the days of Franc’s reign, Bruce/Steven/Terry would have produced gorgeous, red-blooded, unabashed, unapologetic, unashamed-exploitive masculinity. These days… a child gets a cover— like it’s National Geographic… Sheesh.

The fashion is so ordinary. It needs all the bells and whistles to make it work. Should've called in Rabensteiner & Walter Chin.

Even though I was never part of the skater gang, I feel like Tony Hawk is such an icon from my childhood in general that I can only appreciate his presence here, even if it looks like Colin Dodgson's first assistant took the photos. That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"