La Pelle ...Guccissima is here

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
are you ready for La pelle Guccissima?
Frida Giannini seems busy...

Frida Giannini has just finished another Gucci line: The newly appointed creative director for women’s wear and accessories has launched La Pelle Guccissima, an accessories collection that will be on display for magazine editors starting this week in Gucci’s Milan showroom. The new range — which consists of calfskin bags featuring a print version of the Gucci bit and an allover embossed double G version — will be on sale in Gucci stores worldwide starting in August. La Pelle Guccissima will be available in a range of styles, from a hobo bag to a shopper, plus small leather goods.

extracts from a wwd article of today :flower:

What does "La pelle Guccissima" mean? Sounds kinda tacky.

whizkit said:

the gucci leather..
it does sound tacky its true :D

whizkit said:

That's exactly what I thought. In Spanish, someone might call me 'Arturito' and maybe kidding around 'Arturissimo'. When they add the "issima", it's just like saying "So Gucci!".

..So expensive, yet so

CHEAP.

Arturo21 said:
That's exactly what I thought. In Spanish, someone might call me 'Arturito' and maybe kidding around 'Arturissimo'. When they add the "issima", it's just like saying "So Gucci!".

..So expensive, yet so

CHEAP.

LMAO, that's so true it hurts :lol: :lol: ... But remember, fashion crowd:

Tacky = Best Marketing Strategy = The Executive Board's orgasm :rofl: :clap:

mad world....

it does have a tacky name..who knows it might be nice tho:flower: .look forward to seeing it

:lol: :lol:

I just noticed my signature clashed with my opinions here.

It's a joke between Brian and I, that's why I have it as my signature. :lol:

thanks for the topic lena...sounds like a nightmare...

AlexN said:
I have a feeling this will suck.
If this is any indication of the line then I have a feeling you're right.

00170f.jpg
05f.jpg

As if we didn't know it was Gucci by the legendary stripes, the stripes are put on horse-bit embossed velvet to really drive the point home....can't wait to see what kind of crap she has cooked up for the RTW :yuk::yuk::yuk:

Spike413 said:
If this is any indication of the line then I have a feeling you're right.

00170f.jpg
05f.jpg

As if we didn't know it was Gucci by the legendary stripes, the stripes are put on horse-bit embossed velvet to really drive the point home....can't wait to see what kind of crap she has cooked up for the RTW :yuk::yuk::yuk:
I was thinking that was the embossed horsebits, that is atrocious. Without the horsebits it would be really nice.

Diorling said:
I was thinking that was the embossed horsebits, that is atrocious. Without the horsebits it would be really nice.

I agree, although I'm sure lots of people would still buy it.

versace_goddess said:
is it poorer quality from the gucci line?

no, its just a new Gucci accessories line

those photos posted here.. :unsure:are those from La Pelle Guccissima line ?
cause there shouldnt be out yet, the article said the line premieres to the journalists this week in Milano, so i doubt that the line has already been in the Gucci collection :ninja:

more on Pelle Guccissima
plus first (?) official photos of their advertising shots and the new product range.
surprisingly -much more since i'm certainly not a gucci girl- Pelle Guccissima doesnt look too boring or trashy to me, much better than their usual staff.
report extracts and photos from wwd :flower:

051705_25.jpg

the Craig McDean print ad

051705_26.jpg

051705_27.jpg

Born from a creative challenge, La Pelle Guccissima is intended to boost Gucci's underexploited leather segment and pump its accessories business.

The new project, which will hit the Gucci stores in August, comprises bags, footwear, small leather goods, luggage and watches, as well as printed silk, velvet and cashmere scarves, imprinted with the double-G logo or the horse bit motif.

"We worked on this line for over a year with the intention of giving leather — which is our heritage — a new focus, energy and momentum," Mark Lee, Gucci's president and managing director, told WWD in an interview. "We felt that aspect was missing and that our leathers weren't immediately recognizable, since Gucci is very much associated with the logoed canvas."

A special advertising campaign that begins at the end of June will support the new line.

Frida Giannini, creative director for accessories and women's ready-to-wear, is upbeat about her latest undertaking and Gucci's support of it. "From a creative standpoint, I was ready to shift the focus from the canvas-logo combination," she said. "I find that leather is very rich and luxurious, especially if it says Gucci all over it, and it targets a wider clientele."

Sales projections for the line were not available.

La Pelle Guccissima's specialty — hard to :wink: counterfeit — is that artisans use handmade presses to hot-print the classic double-G logo and the horse bit onto the hides.

"The imprinting is the same, but depending on which way you turn the hide, the effect is embossed or in relief," Giannini said. "We all agreed that the double-G logo worked better embossed while the bit, which is bigger and more detailed, looked better in relief."

Stressing that it takes one worker a full day to treat a hide, Giannini mapped out the process: Once the raw materials are selected — in terms of quality and resistance to heat — they are waxed, hot-printed and finally hand-sponged to remove any wax remnants.

The designer admitted that she pushed herself and the artisans working in Gucci's Tuscan factory to nail down the labor-intensive technicalities. "At first I was frustrated because the hides weren't responding they way they should have," she said. "We really had to sit in the factory for days, trying, trying and re-trying."

Luxurious, with a slight retro feeling counterbalanced by clean shapes and modern colors, La Pelle Guccissima "has one foot in the past and one in the future," Lee said.

That's because Giannini, who never tires of mining Gucci's past, has a knack for melding yesterday with tomorrow. "Modernity is the consequence of how you apply a retro idea in terms of shapes and product categories," she noted.

All the footwear and the bags, which include sacs, hobo bags, shoppers and Treasure, a new Fifties-inspired rigid style with locket, are lined with a multicolor horse bit-printed cotton. The three key materials are calfskin, velvet and patent leather, at times partnered with lizard or crocodile. They are served up in anything from bitter chocolate brown, midnight blue, cream and lavender. On the footwear front, there are boots, pumps and loafers.

Prices for leather, patent and velvet bags start at $700 and jump to $5,700 for patent and crocodile versions. The entry price for luggage is an $850 beauty case, while the most expensive is the $3,100 leather trolle. A women's loafer or velvet ballerinas costs $350, with patent leather boots $1,400.

Accessories fanatics will immediately pen La Pelle Guccissima in their wish list. The line was conceived to last.

"It's not one more accessory, but a whole new project that will stay around for many years," Lee said. "We will add seasonal new styles and colors, but in terms of quality we're trading up just as many of our competitors are trading down."

In sync with the line's back-to-the-future mood is the ad campaign shot by Craig McDean.

The concept is a modern-day revival of the celebrity-filled paparazzi shots stored in Gucci's archives. "Many of the shots were taken on the streets with the VIPs carrying numerous bags," Lee said.

In a similar form, this campaign zeroes in on a male and female model walking down the street toting different kinds of bags. "Though product-driven, the images are fast, modern, strong and sexy," Lee noted.

He said Gucci has made a significant investment, which he declined to disclose, behind this product launch. The company has also increased its overall communications spending in 2005, with ads in new titles that include Vitals Women, Elle Accessories and Lucky in the U.S and El Mundo and Fuera de Serie in Spain.

I can't get over the tacky name "La Pelle Guccissima". It's so vulgar and I certainly can't see it appealing to men. Sounds very feminine. The bags themselves are nothing special.

i agree it is not a good label for the male clients ..but then, for some guys it may be just perfect :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->