Gucci Xmas for UNICEF

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
101106_6.jpg

if only more luxe companies cared enough.. :clap:
Gucci's Giannini Makes Holiday Items for UNICEF
By Alessandra Ilari
MILAN — "Deck the bags with boughs of holly" is Gucci's new Christmas tune. Creative director Frida Giannini has worked holiday tradition into 15 items she designed for a special UNICEF charity program.

Fueled by the success of last year's link with the United Nations program, Giannini whipped up Flora Joy, a festive rendition of Gucci's strong-selling Flora print featuring berries and holly.

The motif will crop up on velvet handbags with emerald-green leather trim and oversize silk scarves. Christmas tree decorations, shoes, key rings and iPod holders are made with a silverized version of La Pelle Guccissima.

Every item will feature an enamel holly charm.

"The 2006 holiday campaign is part of the most extensive philanthropic program in Gucci's history, and we are committed to supporting important humanitarian efforts through UNICEF," said Mark Lee, Gucci chief executive officer and president.

The items will be available in some 200 Gucci stores worldwide from Nov. 21 through Dec. 31.

Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Connelly will be the honorary representative and spokeswoman of this year's effort and will participate in yet-to-be-defined events.

According to a Gucci statement, Connelly has spent considerable time in Mozambique and has personal ties to the well-being of the children from this and other regions. Twenty percent of the proceeds from the sale of the Gucci pieces will go to UNICEF to support educational programs and services for children in Mozambique.

from wwd.com

Karma for Gucci!!!
That's such a wonderful thing to do!
we should all go buy lots of Gucci this christmas!!

yes, makes luxe spending quite.. legal :D

i'm sure they could afford for 90% of the profits to go to UNICEF....
but i do applaud their effort.....
the change may be slow, but its nice to see....

:heart:

how briliant idea Frida came with, good for them & the others..both human & commercial.

Well, I have to agree with adorefaith... not to diminish the good will behind their efforts, but associating your sales with a humanitarian cause, IS a good and "legal" (as Lena put it) way to expand your luxury-goods sales AND enhance your brand image... no?

Actually, is one of the first PR guidelines you're given by professors at university...

^ agreed, still, i wish it became a trend

I hope the money really goes where it's supposed to go. Good for Gucci if this is a success.

Can't help but think that Gucci is trying to get as much publicity (although this is for a good cause) as it can since the brand isn't the hottest thing on the planet anymore. I feel I'm constantly hearing about this-and-that party or campaign or book Gucci is doing.

adorefaith said:
i'm sure they could afford for 90% of the profits to go to UNICEF....
but i do applaud their effort.....
the change may be slow, but its nice to see....

:heart:
i definately agree

while 20% percent of a luxury good is still more money than 90% of a lot of other stuff, more money is always needed. and gucci isnt hurting

but again, you are right. its a step in the right direction and that should be acknowledged. they are doing more than say dior or louis vuitton

^^ better then the measley 1p off every sale or what ever other companies offer .. by comparison 20% is good and the items cost more as well so its ££££ for unicef hopefully :flower:

Amazing:clap: !! And they look adorable too^_^ ! Someone's going to do some Gucci shopping.... Thanks Lena

Now those charms are pretty cute and it's great the UNICEF is getting money where they other wise wouldn't and I hate to be a wet blanket but...

is the only way people can give donations is if they're enticed by Gucci handbags and scarves?

Personally if I genuinely wanted to give donations to UNICEF, I would give them a donation myself so they can recieve 100% instead of 20%.

[on a side note, I wonder if 20% would be around the normal profit they would make per item, or are they pocketing some of the profit for themselves...]

That's very, very nice of them. I might end my self-imposed ban on Gucci this holiday season...Perhaps an Ipod case or something....

Now everytime I walk into thier store I can say to myself "Come on! It's FOR THE CHILDREN!!"

^LMAO!!!

The items are actually very cute, I love the silver, but I agree that more money could be donated. Nonetheless, it's a step in the right direction, and as it said in To Kill A Mockingbird-"and we're taking a step. It's just a baby step, but it's a step".

Its a great idea, 20% is more than most companies are giving, if they are giving anything at all. Plus the items do look very nice, and if i could afford it i would definately buy something from this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->