La Pelle ...Guccissima is here

i've seen a pic of a brown embossed leather flat satchel Guccissima and I LOVE IT!!!!! it's definitely OK for men. the material is very similar to my embossed leather inflatable neck pillow and eye mask set :blush: except it's in reverse relief. i don't see what's so wrong with the name and the collection looks very luxe. WAY better than the GG mono canvas imo.

GG1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hate the bags posted on the first page. There's too much going on. It's like they took a few different designs and put them all together on one bag.

I saw one of the embossed bags and gagged it was so ugly.

Maybe the campy name is a marketing technique. Gucci is made fun of all the time for being tacky as it is, La Pelle Guccissima is sort of like oh that's so Gucci leather goods, we are new rich and have a sense of humor in it.

Ewww, double-G embossed leather is not a good thing.

I REALLY do not like Frida Giannini right now. Not to mention that the name is beyond cheesy.

Last edited by a moderator:
seraphelle said:
Maybe the campy name is a marketing technique. Gucci is made fun of all the time for being tacky as it is, La Pelle Guccissima is sort of like oh that's so Gucci leather goods, we are new rich and have a sense of humor in it.

I think you're exactly right, unfortuantely :lol:

i posted an overview of the price list in the handbags thread for gucci 05... i received a booklet today and here's what gucci has to say about it:
A reinterpretation of these historical themes has brought forth a brand new leather. La Pelle Guccissima expreses the new code of achievement for the house of Gucci. Led by classic calf leather, chosen for its smooth full-grain texture and flawless surface, it is an ideal material for the new production techniques used for La Pelle Guccissima, while rspectul of the outstanding tradition of the artisan leather craftsmen of Florence and Tuscany. The modern environmental tanning process obtains "ethically correct" leather that is treatd with natural products to preseve intact the qualities of the raw material. The printing method revives an ancient hot-stamping technique to apply the double G logo or the horsebit motif on the leather, creating an embossed effect. Dyeing and refinishing are still performed by hand and by talented artisans who use brushes and buffing pads with utmost care. After a first application of color, which requires a weeklong interval to ensure full absorption, the leather is treated with natural waxes to protect it during the subsequent hot-printing phase. Wax, in fact, is a lubricant that isolates and protects the grain of the leather from the extrem heat of the metal used to imprint the logo. After the excess wax is removed during the washing stage, the leather is ready for buffing, which is done by hand using brushes covered with wool fabric.
The unparalleled details that distinguish La Pelle Guccissima -- the hot-printed logo, the thorough and meticulous craftsmanship, the sophisitcated color progression -- are the exquisite result that only expert hands can produce. These artisans -- the bearers of ancient techniques and knowledge handed down over the centuries -- are the most precious asset of the Italian fashion industry.
Gucci's carefully selected raw materials and skilled craftsmen are the best assurance of an exclusive material such as La Pelle Guccissima that possesses the essence of the brand and the allure of a product whose value increases over time.

(sorry if there are any bad typos...)

I was in Bal Harbour last nite, and I went to Gucci and saw the collection.

Gross :ninja:

makes me think of fancy pock marcks... on leather

Giannini talks about a revolution about this "pelle", but didn't Vuitton do it years ago ?
It looks in a strange way so .....Versace,with all these gold metal accents.....

And the add campaign could be ......Ellen Gray or Escada if there wasn't marked Gucci....

Did anyone noticed that they have changed the Gucci logo on the adds ?
The letters are a little bid thicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->